Zakk at the hospital

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Zakk at the hospital

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I always thought blood clots came about because one wasn't moving their legs enough or traveling (ie, being on a plane for 15 hours) or something.

Anyhoo, get better soon Zakk!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

You can get them for different reasons and they can really hurt, you can be prone to them as well I heard of an athlete who gets them even though she doesn't take long trips eats well etc! but her dad died from them so she is likely to g=suffer them as well :?

Get well Zakk because those clots can really hurt.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Hmmmmmmm

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Well, that is awefully convenient don't you think?

July 10-Ozzy goes on the record with Classic Rock Magazine saying he is looking for a new guitar player.

July 15-Zakk posts on Twitter that he is not out and that he will perform at the Blizzcon convention in Anaheim on August 22nd.

July 24-Zakk says everything is cool with Ozzy. Anaheim gig is still a go and the record as well for September. (Source: King Hesh)

July 29- Blabbermouth.net reports that Zakk calls out Ozzy. He hasn't even received a phone call from Ozzy yet. Zakk gets pissed and goes off on an obscenity-filled rant.

August 3-Facebook reports that Ozzy has chosen Gus G. from the band Firewind. (He was the guy from Greece Ozzy was going to listen to for a possible replacement for Zakk). I guess John 5 is out.

August 19- Zakk is taken to the hospital. Where? Missoula, Montana. Why there? Go to L.A. for treatment unless it is life-threatening.

My opinion: SMOKESCREEN! The fact is Zakk is out but we don't want that to be the talk of the Blizzcon Convention. Dude...it is just too convenient you know. Come on, less than 72 hours till the concert and Ozzy has already filled the spot for Zakk. Something smells and it is not because Zakk practices poor hygeine.
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I'm very surprised Zakk has lasted as long as he has, especially with him having other priorities with BLS. He even cancelled a UK tour so he could tour with Ozzy instead. He has always had a good word for Ozzy in the past calling him 'The Old Man' but with true respect and he has always honoured Ozzy for giving him the job and turning him into the popular guitarist he is today. So he does get pissed and makes an arse of himself but, hey! we all do that don't we. He doesn't look very 'Rock N Roll' in that hospital gown he can give me the finger, but he still looks like a pure dork. :wink:
Stiltzkin

Re: Hmmmmmmm

Post by Stiltzkin »

RR-ElectricAngel wrote:Zakk practices poor hygeine.
why would you think that ?
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Re: Zakk at the hospital

Post by rice_pudding »

Alex wrote:Being treated for blood clots. He has been going in and out a couple of times now.

I am not sure what would cause these things? Drinking? Stress? Eating bad? All of the above?
Far as i know the main cause of a blood clot is prolonged inactivity, but smoking can increase the risk as well as certain drugs both prescribed and illegal.

Not that im calling Zakk a junkie but it wouldn't be a huge stretch of the imagination to believe Zakk has taken some nasty stuff in the past

I think i've even heard that weed can increase the risk, not sure if i believe that though?!

Looks like he's wearing old dude socks to increase circulation.

Wikipedia doesnt say too much...
Specifically, a thrombus is the inappropriate activation of the hemostatic process in an uninjured or slightly injured vessel. A thrombus in a large blood vessel (mural thrombus) will decrease blood flow through that vessel. In a small blood vessel (occlusive thrombus), blood flow may be completely cut-off resulting in death of tissue supplied by that vessel. If a thrombus dislodges and becomes free-floating, it is termed as an embolus.

Some of the conditions which elevate risk of blood clots developing include atrial fibrillation (a form of cardiac arrhythmia), heart valve replacement, a recent heart attack, extended periods of inactivity (see deep venous thrombosis), and genetic or disease-related deficiencies in the blood's clotting abilities.
Rob
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

RR-ElectricAngel wrote: August 19- Zakk is taken to the hospital. Where? Missoula, Montana. Why there? Go to L.A. for treatment unless it is life-threatening.
Isn't Zakk on tour right now? Maybe that was the closest place he could go.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Thanks, Alex.

As if the Osbournes would come to his LA hospital and...shake and show off their Prada glasses at him. If Zakk has really lost the Ozzy gig, it's not like he's gonna be broke ass poor living on the streets. Zakk's still got endorsements up the wazoo and his own band.
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

Someone on Myspace was saying that Zakk had blood clots in his lungs .. is that right ?
................................................................Image...............................................................................
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Just Humouring You

Alex Wrote:
Zakk having poor hygiene is just a myth and something that he likes to play along with. He has a wife that he sleeps next to during night, keep that in mind.
Yeah, I was just remembering something Ozzy said about Zakk as a joke. He was giving an interview a few years ago and when Ozzy was asked if there was anything he wanted to say to Zakk he said, "When was the last time Zakk washed his balls."

I'll be damned... so he was supposed to be in Montana. I still think this drama was 'designed' to phase Zakk out without a big media backlash. I question the timing that's all. If it is all true then so be it but it seems to be the perfect way to bow out for Zakk. "Hey why isn't Zakk playing with Ozzy? Oh yeah he's in the hospital." That's the best doctor's excuse ever. I bet when Ozzy plays more dates with the new guy Zakk will become yesterdays news. "Ohh this new guy is fantastic man. Like the next Randy Rhoads....blah blah blah..."Zakk and I were never this great together." blah blah blah... Just watch :wink:
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

What's Zakk missing out on ? Playing with Ozzy ? and releasing an album now and then ?. He can do that on his own he doesn't need Ozzy to leach from. He has lasted longer then any other Ozzy guitarist. It would be interesting to see this new guy play and to see if he will make Ozzy music fresh etc.
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

So True........

So True......Zakk has longed to pull away but always felt indebted to Ozzy for the opportunity to play on the big stage. We'll see if anything takes root. Gus G. is definitely a great choice for sure. A better fit for Ozzy than John 5, at least in the short run. I heard him play at the Blizzcon Convention and he really seems to play with a lot of passion.