Why?

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Why?

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Here is Zakk playing Randy's solo... I wish Zakk would be Zakk and stop paying "tribute" to Randy Rhoads. Randy taught students to find themselves, Zakk is his own man and should keep expanding himself rather than stealing from Randy.

Let the flaming begin.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Re: Why?

Post by siro_angel »

ill admit it winds me up when he has to keep dedicating to randy, but this aint really dedication, a spotlight solo is meant to be a story of your own guitar techniques, not someone elses!

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

I believe this is a true dedication though ...
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

(Pulls out flame thrower and aims at ol' buddy Paul)Dude, you're putting waaaaay too much thought into this. Zakk's just paying Tribute to Randy in his own way. He could probably say something nasty at folks like us who sit around and talk about Randy on a message board instaed of getting out there and tearing it up. It's all good dude. Zakk's a good guy, even if he over macho's it with the beer drinkin' head splittin' attitude some times:lol: He means well, and he's keeping Randy's name out there constantly!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I saw Black Label Society when they came through my town for the Mafia tour and he did the whole Randy Rhoads solo during the show. I was pretty impressed. I'm certain that he's just doing as a tribute and not in anyway trying to rip Randy off. That's not to say I like all the squeals in there though. :P
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I don't have a problem with Zakk I just don't find him very interesting. AND it pisses me off th amount of spitting he does :? wasn't he ever taught that it's a bad habit :wink:

Ian
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
J.A

Re: Why?

Post by J.A »

RockyRhoads wrote:Randy taught students to find themselves
He does more, than any current artist, to get Randy's name out there. How is that wrong?

Anyway, I don't think Zakk has had any problems finding himself, with 9 solo albums, and still counting.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Trigger wrote:I don't have a problem with Zakk I just don't find him very interesting. AND it pisses me off th amount of spitting he does :? wasn't he ever taught that it's a bad habit :wink:

Ian
I saw him at the Long Beach Arena on the No Rest For The Wicked tour (way before the beard and viking build), and I was pretty grossed out when he would lean back during his solo, and spit huge loogies into the air, and either catch them, or let them hit him, or around him.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

cableguyxx wrote:
Trigger wrote:I don't have a problem with Zakk I just don't find him very interesting. AND it pisses me off th amount of spitting he does :? wasn't he ever taught that it's a bad habit :wink:

Ian
I saw him at the Long Beach Arena on the No Rest For The Wicked tour (way before the beard and viking build), and I was pretty grossed out when he would lean back during his solo, and spit huge loogies into the air, and either catch them, or let them hit him, or around him.
I am pleased that my good friend Darin is as grossed out as I was watching Zakk perform his unique trick :? I still think that it's repulsive.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

Trigger wrote:
cableguyxx wrote:

Ian
I am pleased that my good friend Darin is as grossed out as I was watching Zakk perform his unique trick :? I still think that it's repulsive.
Zakk doesn't rank very high in personal hygiene and etiquette :lol:
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I'm waiting for the day Ozzy slips on a Zakk loogie. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet!
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Skully wrote:I'm waiting for the day Ozzy slips on a Zakk loogie. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet!
I wait for the day sharon charges in and slips on his spit then ozzy is like "and you ran on stage because?"
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
J.A

Post by J.A »

cableguyxx wrote:Zakk doesn't rank very high in personal hygiene and etiquette :lol:
The no shower thing is all a big joke though. They do have a shower on the bus, and Zakk uses it.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

cableguyxx wrote:(Pulls out flame thrower and aims at ol' buddy Paul)Dude, you're putting waaaaay too much thought into this. Zakk's just paying Tribute to Randy in his own way. He could probably say something nasty at folks like us who sit around and talk about Randy on a message board instaed of getting out there and tearing it up. It's all good dude. Zakk's a good guy, even if he over macho's it with the beer drinkin' head splittin' attitude some times:lol: He means well, and he's keeping Randy's name out there constantly!
Y'know, the title of the thread is "Why?" so that all you good folks can explain it to me. I don't agree with Zakk copping Randy's licks, but a lot of you make good points.

What would you all think if some country guy started playing a Les Paul with a bullseye paint job and playing Zakk's licks to the point where he started to overshadow Zakk? Would that annoy you or would it be a cool tribute?
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

RockyRhoads wrote:
What would you all think if some country guy started playing a Les Paul with a bullseye paint job and playing Zakk's licks to the point where he started to overshadow Zakk? Would that annoy you or would it be a cool tribute?
Sounds like Hayseed Dixsie to me :P

Simon