Leave Zakk alone please

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I understand the whole "family" thing, my problem is that not all of Zakk's young fans are intelligent. You, my friend, are smart enough to look into the background of what is going on with someone like Zakk. a LOT of others are not.

Metal fans did not get a reputaion for being wild, crazy, out-of-control people by accident, they got that rep by behaving badly. I just think it'd be more responsible for Zakk to speak up in interviews about the importance of living a decent moral life rather than talking about kicking the crap out of "weenie" bands. I believe in that old Spiderman saying, "With great power comes great responsiblity."

I believe Zakk has a responsibility to act respectable and let his fans know the difference between an image and a way of life.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Since I bash Zakk a lot, I thought I'd point out that I like the song Genocide Junkies.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RockyRhoads wrote:Since I bash Zakk a lot, I thought I'd point out that I like the song Genocide Junkies.
Now don't get mellow now Paul ! :lol:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:
RockyRhoads wrote:Since I bash Zakk a lot, I thought I'd point out that I like the song Genocide Junkies.
Me? I'll never get mellow! I did shave my head yesterday though...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

RockyRhoads wrote:
The Flying Dutchman wrote:
Me? I'll never get mellow! I did shave my head yesterday though...
I think I get it. You just like the song right? Not the guitarplaying but just the song, right? :P
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:I think I get it. You just like the song right? Not the guitarplaying but just the song, right? :P
Actually I only like the 3rd drum beat in every 4th measure... other than that, it sucks :wink:

Okay, so the song AND the playing are decent in that song...
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

meh wrote:That whole album (1919 Eternal) is my favorite.
That's the only BLS album I've got and the only one I've listened to all the way through. I like some, but not all of it.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

RockyRhoads wrote:How many guitar players have the opportunity to play with their own band and Ozzy?

How long is each set? Springsteen used to do 4 hour shows with no opening act every nigh for full marathon tours. It's not unheard of.

The issue most of Zakk's critics have with him is his attitude. Zakk is the greatest and will be happy to tell you so. He can kick your ass and is happy to tell you so. The only guy in his league was Dime and he's happy to tell you so.

Now look at Randy, he was better than 99% of his peers then and now. So how did he react to comments of his greatness? He said he was intimidated by everyone and always wanted to get better. He was humble and respected his talent and fame.

How does Zakk come across? As though he has no respect for his talent or his fame. He's great and he deserves all the fame he's got. Just ask him. Rhoadsfan, you like Zakk and don't like it when people talk badly about him. That's cool, but those who don't like him should have the right to express that opinion as well.

As for "paying tribute" by using a polka-dot V onstage? That's not how it comes across to me. To me he's taking an iconic guitar and having it associated with himself. To me, that's wrong.

Yeah, all you Zakk fans will say I'm wrong. It's an opinion and everyone is entitled to voicing theirs.
Wow Dude, Chill out. You need to drink a few cold ones. Zakk is GREAT, PERIOD. Also, Randy is GREAT as well. Who cares if he plays a PDV. I have one too from GMW, and I enjoy playing it. I do not think it is wrong for him to use a PDV and I honestly think Randy is looking down and thinking..."Wow, my design is a popular design and very much cherished".
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Zakk Daniels wrote:Wow Dude, Chill out. You need to drink a few cold ones.
As you said in anothr post, "to each his own." I don't feel I need to "chill out" and drinking "a few cold ones" is just not something I do.

I was expressing my opinion and backing up my opinion with examples. I realize a lot of you like Zakk and I have never said there is any reason that you should not. I simply say, "I don't like him and this is why". That leads to discussions where Zakk's fans can say, "I do like him and this is why." These discussions are much better than simply posting, "Zakk rocks, dude!" in order to get a higher post count.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

RockyRhoads wrote:
Zakk Daniels wrote:Wow Dude, Chill out. You need to drink a few cold ones.
As you said in anothr post, "to each his own." I don't feel I need to "chill out" and drinking "a few cold ones" is just not something I do.

I was expressing my opinion and backing up my opinion with examples. I realize a lot of you like Zakk and I have never said there is any reason that you should not. I simply say, "I don't like him and this is why". That leads to discussions where Zakk's fans can say, "I do like him and this is why." These discussions are much better than simply posting, "Zakk rocks, dude!" in order to get a higher post count.

I am not trying to get a high post count, whats the point in that? I still suggest you toss back a few cold ones. :roll:
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Zakk Daniels wrote: I am not trying to get a high post count, whats the point in that? I still suggest you toss back a few cold ones. :roll:

I was not referring to you in particular, just folks in general who reply to posts with minimal words that don't explain their position.

As for the "cold ones", be aware that a comment like that can be offensive to someone who doesn't drink.