Zakk...

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RhoadsFan

I disagree

Post by RhoadsFan »

Zakk is as close as anyone has come yet IMO. think about it. He has long blonde hair, got his gig young, plays a les paul, and is heavily influenced by classical music. sound like anyone familiar? No one can come close to what Randy did because it was his own style, and you cant immitate a genius's style completly no matter how much you practice, but Zakk sure has taken his steps in a similar fashion as Randy in his music career.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: I disagree

Post by Paul Wolfe »

RhoadsFan wrote:Zakk is as close as anyone has come yet IMO. think about it. He has long blonde hair, got his gig young, plays a les paul, and is heavily influenced by classical music.
You must mean those Classical pentatonics, huh? Zakk's a product of classic rock like Skynyrd, the Allman's and early Sabbath. Zakk doesn't try to copy Randy note for note, because he's not Randy. Randy never copied Tony even a little bit, but no one complains... He plays a Les Paul because he was a Randy fan, he painted it with a bullseye because he didn't want to look like a copy of Randy with a white Les Paul.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

meh wrote:Zakk has had classical training though, and was quite heavily into it back in the day.
Which day? It was Thursday, wasn't it? :D

A lot of guitar pickers got into classical after Randy burst out of Southern CA...
RhoadsFan

Post by RhoadsFan »

Listen to No More Tears. Listen to that solo. Its all based on a Pentatonic scale, and as someone pointed out earlier, is derived through classical method. If you listen to Zakk rocking out in this song youll realise that he also has got his own style, and a very good one I might add. The solo in No More Tears has been dubbed many times before the best solo of all time clearly because it fits the song feeling so well.

however the solo is not NEARLY as brilliant as the Mr.Crowley solos, in which also has classical aspects to it. that work and musicianship was epic...truly Randy Rhoads at his best.

So who was better and who's copying who? you cant compare these two rock legends because they have two very different styles. Accept it or not, these two guys are both guitar genius's with a passion for music and a desire to keep rock n roll alive, and because of that, we should respect them both even if they have a couple of issues here and there. Remember, were all humans, and we all do make mistakes.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

it's so funny that Zakk started getting more serious into
guitar at age 15 .. 4 years later he had the Ozzy gig 8)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

meh wrote:
Looks a little like Randy to me :)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Zakk Daniels
Mass Poster

Post by Zakk Daniels »

Yes he does look a bit like Randy there, especially with that guitar. I like that picture.
Work Sucks!! Thats why I am on here reading posts!!
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Re: Zakk...

Post by zmack mylde »

siro_angel wrote:I reckon hes alright but can be a bit too cocky and silly on his tunings.. good player in his own right but never the next randy as a few people has listed him as.

Simon

he sucks
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

So does your mom.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Trigger wrote:
meh wrote:
Looks a little like Randy to me :)

hes nothing but a randy clone
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

Last edited by frank on Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

frank wrote:you could do worse than to emulate the master.

that why i hate him. he dont have his own identity. hes ripping off randy.