I wish Ozzy would get a new guitarist

Talk about Zakk Wylde here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Skully wrote:You've established that you don't like Zakk a few times already. Bring something new to the table.

well thats pretty much the subject of this thread
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I have to say that it is fairly well known that I am not a big fan of Zakk at all. I really think there are a number of other guitarists that could of filled in after Jake left, however I am thankful he's kept loyal to Ozzy for so long. Personally, Zakk doesn't impress me technically or give me the same feeling that Randy does when I hear him playing, but what he does do is offer the chance for everyone to go and see the man (Ozzy) one last time. Its probably not going to be long before he calls it a day (unless $haron$ going to roll him out in a wheel chair) so i think we should be grateful we can still go and see him, yet obviously keep an opinion about who our preferred band members are.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

zmack mylde wrote:
Skully wrote:You've established that you don't like Zakk a few times already. Bring something new to the table.

well thats pretty much the subject of this thread
Yes but intelligent commentary is appreciated. As ooposed to "I hate pinch harmonics, Zakk sucks."
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Re: I wish Ozzy would get a new guitarist

Post by rice_pudding »

cableguyxx wrote:
rice_pudding wrote:I think its unfair to call Zakk fake. Everybody adopts images and styles based on who they want to be and who they feel they are. Think about goths, your not born a goth, you adopt that style of dress and outlook on life based on how you feel, you cant tell someone they're not allowed to be a goth. its the same with punks, rockers and bikers...
That was well put. I don't really like the tough guy attitude but that's just me, and I attribute that more to the beer than rest of it.

Zakk has always been very straight forward with his love for the south and bands like Lynrd Skynrd and Molly Hatchet, so it's only natural that's an image he would project. Just because he's from New Jersey, should he act like he's on the Soprano's?
i dont think zakk ever really acts tough?! (when he's on stage he does but thats just part of the theatrics of a rock show) back stage during interviews he's usualy laughing and cracking jokes from what i've seen. He even described BLS as a "gay ass-less pants band" or something like that when comparing BLS to Ozzy. So i dont think he takes himself too seriously.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Zakk does like to talk tough in interviews. He said he wanted to kick Dave Grohl's ass just because Grohl wrote a song for Ozzy and he isn't in a metal band.

Zakk can be very junior high in his interviews.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Zakk fans will like this. Zmack will probably hate it.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Nice 8)
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I dont think Zakk acts fake on stage, i must admit. the only thing i hate, is when he spits in the air haha, fozzy knows about that one. I just hate it how every 10 seconds hes throwing his bodily fluids into the air the majority of them landing back on him. Why does he need to do it? Other than that, he doesnt really have an act on stage. He doesnt do any of the over under fretting or anything like that.
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

skezza wrote:I dont think Zakk acts fake on stage, i must admit. the only thing i hate, is when he spits in the air haha, fozzy knows about that one. I just hate it how every 10 seconds hes throwing his bodily fluids into the air the majority of them landing back on him. Why does he need to do it? Other than that, he doesnt really have an act on stage. He doesnt do any of the over under fretting or anything like that.

Oh yeah, a guy from New Jersey with a Rebel flag guitar and a Confederate hat isn't fake....um yeah ok. Sorry you can't be from Jersey and be a Southerner.....Zakk is as fake as they come.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Dude where are you from?

The rebel flag has more to do with a mentality than being form the south these days.

Face it, when it comes to Zakk, you're a punk.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Dude where are you from?

The rebel flag has more to do with a mentality than being form the south these days.

Face it, when it comes to Zakk, you're a punk.

Mentality? Bullshit.....I'm American, that's just like if I went around with a Japanese flag trying to talk with a Japanese accent. Zakk is from Jersey which is a big time Yankee and he goes around trying to act like he is Southern...with a Southern accent and everything. Not only is he fake personality wise but he is also fake guitarwise because all he does is play people's covers including that ZZTOP song...and when he does make up originals it aint even that good......he is fake.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

zmack mylde wrote:and he goes around trying to act like he is Southern...with a Southern accent and everything.
I don't agree on that.
zmack mylde wrote:Not only is he fake personality wise but he is also fake guitarwise because all he does is play people's covers including that ZZTOP song...and when he does make up originals it aint even that good......he is fake.
He only plays peoples covers huh?

I don't think there's one single guitarist that hasn't played any cover of some sort.
Even our beloved Randy Rhoads is guilty of this doing a cover of a
Slade song (with Quiet Riot) and using Leo Brouwer's
Etude #6 for the DOAM intro.