Tribute To Gary Moore and more (from recent concert in Spain

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Tribute To Gary Moore and more (from recent concert in Spain

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I dedicated this to Gary Moore (and the late Jeff Healey) last month at a concert in Spain. I always open and close recitals now with improvisatory pieces. I like it because it suites my style and also because not many classical guitarists improvise! This concert was at a Scandinavian arts centre in Albir, Spain. It got reviewed too!!

Here is the Gary Moore Tribute
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rirHv6OM ... ideo_title

here is my original piece The Longing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzoSP71a ... ideo_title
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Tribute To Gary Moore and more (from recent concert in S

Post by Tito »

THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL MATT!!!!!!!!THE GM TRIBUTE IS BEYOND WORDS!I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!
Harmony

Post by Harmony »

Great pieces Matt! Nice tribute indeed. :)

It actually has been 3 yrs now since Jeff passed. He was a talented musician for sure. He left us too young too.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

3 years already?! Wow that has gone quickly. I posted an excited message (in the other musicians section) around the time saying how my wife and I had gotten tickets to see Jeff Healey and a member here (can't remember his name) said I am afraid you are not seeing him, as news has just come in he has passed on! Until our lounge was recently decorated and turned into a piano room we had a Jeff Healey shrine; The See The Light album framed on the wall with our ticket. It is very sad as it is obviously unused with the stub on it :(

Jeff Healey is up there with Randy Rhoads in my book. Gary and Jeff are two huge losses to the world of blues.

Cheers for listening and glad you udderstood the accent.

Matt

ps in the second clip someone's phone goes off and you can hear these disapproving mumbles in the audience LMAO
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Whipper
Cool Member

Post by Whipper »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:Gary and Jeff are two huge losses to the world of blues.
Jeff was a huge loss for the Canadian guitar scene too, especially since there really haven't been that many famous guitarists from here. Neil Young, Liona Boyd, Alex Lifeson (Rush) and the greatly underrated Rick Emmet (Triumph) are about all that come to mind. It's quite interesting to hear Rick Emmet's "Rock and Roll Machine" spotlight solo. It bears an uncanny resemblance to Randy's "Laughing Gas" solo with Quiet Riot. Here's a rare version of it from 1978: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VgID7EeGf0

Have you thought about adding some blues to your discography that you make available for sale? It's really great stuff!!
Ric

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Ric!! so many heroes of mine are Canadian - from the late John Candy to Joni Mitchell, Jeff Healey to the one of my favourite film composers Howard Shore. Canada rocks!

Just about to check your link and maybe I will do a downloadable blues/jazz thing...hmmm. Classical and gypsy jazz and blues are everything to me!

Matt