Before You Accuse Me!!! Take A Look At Yourself

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Before You Accuse Me!!! Take A Look At Yourself

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Whipper
Cool Member

Re: Before You Accuse Me!!! Take A Look At Yourself

Post by Whipper »

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed them both!! I've been in blues mode all week since watching the Stevie Ray Vaughan and Albert King "In Session" jam on PBS, and have been checking out all the "old masters", so this was perfect timing for me! I was actually more inspired by the "World Cup Blues" than by any of the old masters! :D I didn't even realize you were fingerpickiing until you grabbed the pick halfway through it! I really like how this type of soloing sounds with the fingerpicking, more fluid sounding. More blues please!! :mrgreen:

I came across an interesting surprise when I slipped into the "Wikipedia Vortex" to read up on some of the old masters... Cyndi Lauper is actually a blues singer now! I thought she had just drfted off into obscurity, but she's been quite active in that scene now and has all these great players recording with her now! Her new album, "Memphis Blues", is quite good.
Ric

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Well I never!!! I love it when musicians re invent them selves! Life is long and their is so much great creative projects to be done, it seems a shame to just be the one style for a lifetime (Like Malmsteen for example)

Yes, fingerpicking I think gets you an even more unique finger print sound. Using a pick is a barrier to actually touching the strings with your own self to me!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Axian
Cool Member

Post by Axian »

Matt that second one from world cup is bloody awesome. I pretty much refuse to watch england with capello now. Why dident we get rid of him after the world cup and get some one in to prepare for the next one, seems stupid to me.