Daily warm up routines...What's yours?

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

ptate
Cool Member

Daily warm up routines...What's yours?

Post by ptate »

This is mine........Don't expect Eruption or a John Petrucci style routine, it's just a mad thrash that lets my fingers get accustomed to movement in chromatic scales, pentatonics, tapping, arpeggios (yuk), blues bends/squeals and vibrato (critical at my age....!!!) before I tackle anything more....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGILNO5OGxI

I think a warm up is essential.....What about the rest of you?

Let's see how the rest of you warm up those digits before staring to play/practice......

Peace.

:D :D
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Re: Daily warm up routines...What's yours?

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Just bumped this because i am sure people are being a little lazy and have warm ups :shock: :D

My warm ups are some of the exercises in the classical guitar warm up section- and I often sight read a new piece too to get me focussed afterwards. I also just go through scales and try new ways of connecting them together

When I am really practising intensely on classical guitar and want a break I have my jv Strat plugged into my blues junior and jam along to adverts etc and just let go.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Ritchie
Mass Poster

Post by Ritchie »

I really don't have any warms ups per se' , I'll just play .. usually some fast funk style rhythm to loosen my right wrist and move onto soloing , as soon as I hit something my mind hears but my fingers can't execute ... I stop and figure it out slowly .
................................................................Image...............................................................................
NoQuattro
Cool Member

Post by NoQuattro »

The best warm-up I've found is to rip through about 12 songs of the Zeppelin catalogue.
"Everyone says theres nothing new that can be done with a guitar, but when people like Randy come along, they realize they're wrong." -- Angus Young, AC/DC