New composition America!

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

New composition America!

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

I wrote this piece for two very dear friends from Jacksonville, Florida, USA - Lewis and Belinda

America is in three movements; Fanfare, Scerzo and Presto. The fanfare is a tip of the hat to the great landscapes and the cinematic views I have enjoyed in America, the Scherzo was written thinking of the busy traffic and also music of the south and the Presto was written thinking about America of the 1930s also the Great Gatsby!

They are just impressions but I am interested hearing if Americans can hear any of America in it! cheers Matt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_32SBOCdH0
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Axian
Cool Member

Re: New composition America!

Post by Axian »

wow matt that was incredible, went on a real journey their. First part seemed to be a build up to what to me sounded like the wild west after followed by a feeling of the 1920's 1930's, bustling cities etc. loved those hooks that you added in each individual piece, they were brilliant.

Keep working on it :D
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

cheers Axemesiter
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

Fantastic Matt.!!

Love the feeling of unease in the first part and then the movement into rag and blues.....Very cool. Reminds me of Leonard Bernstein.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

cheers for listening Pete

Matt