Being alive, with all ten fingers and toes can be inspiring!

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

McLowery
Madman

Being alive, with all ten fingers and toes can be inspiring!

Post by McLowery »

I know it's been a while since you all have heard from me. So to make a long story short, I almost got taken out by a staph infection! It sucked, almost cost me an arm and put me down for a few months! Well like the title says, inspiration comes from the shit that doesn't kill you but only makes you stronger!

I got inspired to write a heavy fuckin mosh pit friendly tune last night so I fired up Reaper so I could program Addictive Drums for my MIDI drum file. I usually transfer that over to Cubase SX3 and dump AD's outputs to their own separate tracks totally dry. Well I am not quite ready to do the acutal tracking in Cubase so I decide to see how my Reaper AD preset kit did for a track I could playback and critique. I am quite amazed with Reaper because I really like what I was getting from it and so I tracked 2 rythym guitars, bass and AD and mixed it down from Reaper. So here is what I have so far, enhjoy! I rand the bass through StudioDevil's Virtual Bass Amp and my guitar is through a Zoom G2.1u to my Delta 10/10 and into Voxformer and PristineSpace. I used Fredmans latest IR's files "OffHighRes" and "Awesome3pulse" one left and the other right. The only effects (besides AD's native FX it has) are a compressor and limiter on the master track.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/8/8/1 ... song01.mp3

I AM GLAD TO BE BACK AMONGST YOU ALL TOO!
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I was off sick and ended up in hopital only really came back today, I guess us old timers are getting fragile! :wink:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

fuckin eck :shock:

well, im glad your ok and didn't loose an arm

forgive my ignorance but what is a staph infectition?

Rob
zorcho

Post by zorcho »

Awesome!
Now I have whiplash!...THANKS A LOT!!
Stay well.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I'm so glad to hear you're ok! A few years ago, a good friend of mine got a staph infection while at boot camp fro the Marines. He was a really young guy (21) and didn't make it. That shit is scary. Happy that you are back and in one piece!

Your track: I imagine that the infection took one listen to this and was frightened! Talk about heavy as shit. That break down in the middle is super cool. 8)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah you's guys have been very lucky indeed. My brother had a very similar thing to Ian and he got rushed into hospital and diagnosed with pnuemonia he had managed to inhale a piece of food into his lung and it caused an infection. It was a very scarey time for me. As me Dad who died of this, while being in hospital being treated for cancer. I feared the worse, but me bro made a full recovery. Thank God! I gather that a staph infection is very like meningitis ?. How you see kids who have had to have limbs amputated to stop the virus spreading ?.Very bad shit to Happen to anyone and i hope your in good shape now riffing like a mad man Eh! Good metal mate, thrasing good. :wink:
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

Yeah I am counting my lucky stars. A friend of mine lost his wife to staph and it was so sudden I was dumbfounded. Well with me, I scratched my right wrist while working on an old car with my cousin and I didn't think anything of it. I even cleaned it really well when I was done working on the car. About 3 days later the scratch was beginning to get warm and irritated and red. Still I thought it was just a minor thing, peroxided it and then wrapped it. So about another week into dealing with this thing (which was swollen and discolored but it wasnt a wound like a regular staph infection causes) I saw a red line running up my arm and it was hot and painful so I went to the hospital and had IV antibiotics and a very minor surgical procedure to drain it. (UUUGGGHHH! nasty shit I tell you) then the Doctor gave me oral antibiotics, packed the opening with guaze and I thought it was all good. Well it came back and then migrated to my left shoulder and that was the problem child! Luckily it wasnt MRSA and antibiotics worked along with the cleansing and irrigating of the wound. I went through fatigue problems (still dealing with those) and it was just a scary deal. The doctor told me he has seen at least 3 times as many of these same type of staph infections coming in for treatment than he did through the whole time he's been there. Something strange about that. I'm just glad to be in the land of the living with you all still.

Thanks for the listen and the kind words everyone. Ian, what was your thing? I hate getting older because of exactly what you said about getting more fragile as we go along.. :(
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

rice_pudding wrote:fuckin eck :shock:

well, im glad your ok and didn't loose an arm

forgive my ignorance but what is a staph infectition?

Rob

Staph is short for Staphloccocus, a bacterial infection. A common example of a staph infection of the skin is a boil. MRSA is drug resistant staph and scary as hell. Glad I didn't have that!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

McLowery wrote: Ian, what was your thing? I hate getting older because of exactly what you said about getting more fragile as we go along.. :(
I had pleurisy and pneumonia, and it hit me like a full speed into a wall! getting better now but I was weeker building up to it and then desamated afterwards :? getting stronger now but not realising how vunerable I am shocked me.
I also had a visit with my doctor today who has detected its return (perhaps) but in both lungs instead of one :( I am being x-rayed again tomorrow so they can workout how to procede :)

I am glad you are well Mike and look forward to seeing more of you.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Mike

I hope you realise now how missed you have been. I have missed the Mike clips too...like this!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

Cpt Matt Sparrow wrote:Hi Mike

I hope you realise now how missed you have been. I have missed the Mike clips too...like this!!

Matt
It gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling to know I was missed! I know I sure missed not being in the "know" with everyone here. Thanks Matt! I always am glad to here uplifting feedback from you. Cheers!