Small off the cuff solo to laugh at.....

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

ptate
Cool Member

Small off the cuff solo to laugh at.....

Post by ptate »

Messing around with my RRT-1 pedal and Gibson (Alpine White of course) Les Paul Custom. it's my "cheapy" amp the AVT Tribute 150X too.

Only a small, one take "off the cuff" solo session, so nothing amazing, but I thought I'd see what you thought..... :shock:

Cheers... :lol:

http://mp3upload.ca/download/9917/off_the_cuff_solo.mp3
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

That tone was worth waiting for...very, very nice.

When you said it was very Blizzard of Ozz like I must admit I had my reservations; as Randy's tone and also the bands sound quality are not to my ears tastes (Blizzard is strangely and unnecessarily archaic sounding in my opinion). However I thought the pedal had the real classic sound of the Tribute, which I absolutely love!!

When I can I, certainly will order one.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

That's some great tone right there. :)
I never understood how Randy's tone on Blizzard could suck so hard, but kick ass everywhere else.
ptate
Cool Member

Post by ptate »

Cheers Matthew & Nic,

I am glad that you think it is worthy..... The guy's tone was great and as iconic as the "brown sound" of EVH's. Tribute is superb, but I love BOO and Madman too. The pedal helps me get something like it in all counts.

My playing isn't anywhere near as good as Randy's, but I love making noises something like his.....
frankus

Post by frankus »

awesome work plate

i dont think randys tone sucked on blizzard. I think the band generally did due to poor production. I would love to actually hear what they really sounded like at those sessions.

frank