My Crowley and Crazy Train Solos

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wareagle
Mass Poster

My Crowley and Crazy Train Solos

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Wareagle

I am quite taken back! For a young man of only 14 (and remember I teach kids day in day out) let me say that was quite exceptional.

Compared to an adult both were still very well played. Mr Crowley had a few bits that you could probably tighten up but that didn't affect the over all atmosphere you created (loved the interlude too before the second solo-well played). The solo to Crazy Train was just awesome.

More!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Johnny Slave

Post by Johnny Slave »

Good Job !

you had pretty good feel on some of those notes which is something I don't think you can really be taught but have to kind of develop on your own (but you have to it from the start and a lot of people don't)

a few tips,
you need to use a lot more muting with you right hand to keep those unwanted frequencies from rearing there ugly head and it will help bring out the tone (dig in more man with the palm and thumb)

and when you tap try holding the the sides of the neck with your thumb and fingers so you have more control and aren't moving so much
your hand is moving way too much as it is and you need some sort of anchor point

keep it up as practice makes perfect !
visit Johnny Slave [url=http://home.comcast.net/~vid_stor3/]here[/url]

See Video [url=http://www.youtube.com/user/JSlave000]here[/url]
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Last edited by wareagle on Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

wareagle wrote:ye, my pickups are pretty bad thts whats cusing the feedback.

ill try tht

nd ye i try not to move my hand tht much but as i said when im warming up im not tht presicse (odviously lol) and my handmotions are generally much more then if i was playing for couple hours. also take into consideration ive been playing for 9 months.
On the contrary! Don't bare in mind you have been only playing 9 months.

I think it is quite a compliment not to have your age and playing time taken into consideration by Johnny, Wareagle. It was decent enough to make people think they were listening to a competent adult player who had been playing several years.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

nice chops wareagle 8) and nice tone too! those pinch harmonics really come through good

dont worry about not getting it perfect either. I was interested to hear you've only been playing 9 months. I remember when i had been playing 9 months i learnt all the same songs and just like you i could pass them off pretty good but they weren't 100% perfect. But for 9 months thats damn good progress just like me you must be an ambitious maniac :twisted:

Its taken me years since learning crazy train/crowley to get them sounding what i would consider roadworthy. But you've deffineatly got a good foundation in playing to go on well.
thers no excuse for not doing somthing or not being good at it, unless u have real problems

I agree entirely, i got the same thing. Except people would call me a liar.

"No way you can play that! You've only been playing etc..."
i would reply,
"Well you dont practice 5 hours a night!"

Im sure that you can't play that good because your born to be the next Rhoads or something. You play that good because you bust your ass!

Rob
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

There is a famous Bach quote where a colleague says he wishes he could play the organ like Bach, and Bach replies...
If you practiced as much as I did you would be able to!

Rob you mentioned Randy. Aside from the natural spark Randy had (the subtle spark that is just that little extra something) Randy still had to work like a Trojan.

I may get flamed for my idealism but here it goes...

I think Wareagle and actually anyone with the passion for music in their gut, can be the next ' ' what ever they want to be...with enough determination and self belief... Not arrogance mind you. That is quite different; but single mindedness and a sheer love for sound!

I don't use the word talent because with an exceptional minority I think everyone has some. Never underestimate persistence and enthusiasm.

Like Sean Connery says in the Untouchables "How far are you prepared to go" (I missed out junior in the quote I wonder why :) )

Matt