Matt's Django swing

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Matt's Django swing

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi everyone

I thought I would put this back up. It is a jazz acoustic piece of music...well Gypsy jazz to be more precise.

It is an improvisation of mine based on Django Reinhardt's Minor Swing.

I hope you enjoy!!

http://media.putfile.com/Minor-Swing-37

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

This simply kicks serious ass Matt! It sets you on a different level man. Excellent tone and a great Django inspired improvisation. You know, some of Django's licks are mind bogglingly difficult with all of your fingers working. I shake my head at some of his material. Good job
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Mike

Thanks for the tone compliment. As I have gotten older I am just keen to follow my heart music wise.
I passionately love all music but have given up trying to spread myself too thin. Anyway the fun thing about my job is I can dip in and out of all manner of music sight reading it so I still get my fixes!!

I think in the last 5 years I have found my real direction improvising to music and also writing it. I LOVE DJANGO!!!!!

Mike on a different subject I am getting really disheartened with youtubing!! The amount of times I have (in actual life) got a ton e I like and thought "this will be worth recording" and then this horrible shadow of what it sounds like is reproduced.

While I am here the dollar is so crap compared to the pound exchange rate wise I am holding fire or transfer until it is worth double again.

Cheers again, this should have been a pm but in the words of the amcient transcripts recorded in pre medieval times "fu*k it"

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt