Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

espvh

Me playing Crazy Train...

Post by espvh »

What do you think, (be kind), :lol:
1st take.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6lXt4q4W9o
'Scuse me tarbender, take me drunk, I'm home!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi espvh

The good things were; the tone was lovely and really sounded full and chunky :), it was played with real conviction and also very musically.

The things to improve would be the rhythm of the chords, as they sounded out of time. Additionally the repeated note that is bent prior to the A being detuned (via de tuning or trem diving), is a B (3rd string 4th fret) and not an F sharp (4th string 4th fret.)

How long have you been playing?
Like I said nice tone!!8)

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
espvh

Post by espvh »

Cool thanks, I've been playing over for 20 years, mostly self taught, and a hobbie, never to serious, and this was a real quick "test", I didn't even know that that little camera I used had a video option, also this was a 1st take, mostly goofin' around..

"the repeated note that is bent prior to the A being detuned (via de tuning or trem diving), is a B (3rd string 4th fret) and not an F sharp (4th string 4th fret.)"
I didn't know that, oops....:)
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Thanks for taking it as it was meant. I am always self conscious, that when I write a constructive criticism, I may (unintentionally) come across like one of the very types of critics that I despise on the internet, so thanks for your humility 8)

You and your tone rock!!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
espvh

Post by espvh »

Thanks Matt, I really mean it, I talked to a few people that said "man, I wouldn't put myself out there like that", me, I don't care, it's fun and I take any advice/criticism as a building block.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

I know what your friend means though, on youtube especially there are some mean people who just delight in trolling clips and posting negative remarks.

This is a great forum to post on and always friendly.

More clips!!!

Matt