should have put this up long ago...

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

should have put this up long ago...

Post by rice_pudding »

ok, this is one of the film's i made last year at uni. I had no way of posting it but my friend boris apparently figured out how to get it on the tube, and didn't tell me!

im afraid the quality of a bit naff, there is an image lag and quality reduction because youtube isnt used to handling big avid projects i guess :?

the film is called "photos" it was shot on 16mm over 3 days. i was cinematographer/cameraman so i have to take blame for the obvious (LMAO and shoot myself :oops: ) exposure mistakes. Also the developing lab lost some footage so we had to change stuff in editing. Aside from that i composed the music and recorded some of the crazy sound effects.

i think overal this is a pretty good project considering how ambitious we were.

any questions, praise, criticism or otherwise surreal remarks welcome :D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5ckHR-8LDjA

Rob
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

I think the camera work was pretty good Rob.. It is truly an art to be able to capture something so candidly, IMO. It gets the point across with very few words, and that is a hard thing to do on film as well.. and shit, it IS on FILM, real FILM... LOL another fast dying thing in itself.
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

McLowery wrote:I think the camera work was pretty good Rob.. It is truly an art to be able to capture something so candidly, IMO. It gets the point across with very few words, and that is a hard thing to do on film as well.. and shit, it IS on FILM, real FILM... LOL another fast dying thing in itself.

Im glad you found it so easy to understand. People tend to overlook it but films are visual, and should tell their story with pictures not words. Thats what we tried to do and i think we achieved it. I think the un-trained actors did a good job too.

We really pushed ourselves to the limit though, most people just made art films. But we were stubborn and went for a narrative, which means twice the workload and twice the stress.

believe me, at the end of filming i was not a nice person to be around :evil: :lol:

as for film dying, thats a whole debate in itself.

Rob
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Rob

First time I watched this. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the and the story reached the viewer with style.

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Hi Rob

The film is really good, it got me interested from the start which I've been told a great film always does, i like how it didnt take long to get the ball rolling, you were thrown in from the start, the heightened sounds of the pencil scribbling gave tension which i liked, only critisims i have of the film was it confused me (could be just me so dont take this to heart) when it went from day time clear sunny to darkend overcast skies in a short space of time and the gravel just seemed a tad TOO loud, make it softer in my opinion.

I hope you dont think that I'm acting all "i know it all" lol xD

But congratulations on a great film :)

I wanna see more :)

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

thanks Simon,

the film isnt supposed to go from dark to bright and sunny it was an exposure problem. It was a cloudy day and the difference between having the sun behind and out of cloud was clearly quite significant, about 2 to 3f-stops at least. It was windy too which meant it was hard to keep track of what the sun was up to, hence bad mistake :cry:

we also basicaly lost the shot of the couples reflection in the pond/pool beacause of that.

also somehow footage went missing the shot of the blond girl (my friend Helene) was not supposed to be a freeze fram at the end but we lost all the footage, bar 17frames, during development.

Shooting indoors with studio lighting is much easier :lol:

hopefully i can show more films in the future;

i have a film made in 9 hours that im considering loading on youtube (but i dont wanna cos im the only actor :lol: )
i intend to make a parody/documentary when i go the sweeden this christmas about the trip.
im shooting a documentary this monday
and im shooting a film on the 27th/28th that will be shot on HD.

hopefully one or more of those will see the light of day
:?
Rob
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Matthew wrote:Hi Rob

First time I watched this. I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the and the story reached the viewer with style.

Matt
thanks Matt,

im glad you liked it 8)

Rob