I found an AMAZING VST plugin!!! Hear the difference NOW!!!

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

McLowery
Madman

I found an AMAZING VST plugin!!! Hear the difference NOW!!!

Post by McLowery »

Here is a link to the ending 1/3 of one of the band's newest tunes. I haven't posted anything lately so since I have a battery of personal amp/tone presets built up in my tone catalog I thought I'd drop the riff and tone I am using on this song here for you all to have a gander. I just finalized the riff about 15 minutes ago and threw it down in my DAW. Enjoy

As usual this amp sound is created completely by digital equipment. I use my Zoom G2.1u for the amp model and pre-EQ then I go through a chain of VST effects and impulse response files for cabinet emulation. Screw tubes... :lol:

UPDATE: I came across this VST by a company called Blue Cat Audio. It was in a stack of discs he was getting rid of and I bought them for $50. This particular plugin is easily worth the money I bought that whole pile of software for. Below are the links, one is the tone I was using and the second link is what the Blue Cat Audio widening Tri EQ plugin using the factory preset called "center bass". I think it is AWESOME!!!!

The original track
http://media.putfile.com/Sabby-riff-new-tone

The Blue Cat'd track
http://media.putfile.com/Blue-Cat-Centerbass-Sabby

It's kinda hard to hear with the MP3's of it but you should be able to hear how much fuller the Blue Cat'd track is.
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

wow Great sounds and also loved the original riff especially!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

ps almost browsed past this but saw "hear the difference NOW" and the fear of Mclowery insured I clicked!
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

thats a big difference, to my ear at least :)

You always amaze me with all these tones you come up with, the first one sounded like it could have come off a modern day album. the second one sounded like someone was in the same room abusing my ear-drums.

Less flat and compressed. looks like you found some good stuff for $50

8) 8) 8)

Rob