RARE: Simon plays guitar aged 14, (mp3 of when he started)

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

siro_angel
Mass Poster

RARE: Simon plays guitar aged 14, (mp3 of when he started)

Post by siro_angel »

I started out 14 coming on 15 when i picked up a guitar, but out of sheer randomness, i recorded myself.. no knowlege of anything guitar techniques except for hearing Randy Rhoads on Tribute.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/k2aly8

It is up to 10 minutes in length, but listen to all of it if ya can, ya might recognise some things that appear in my later works.

I rank this as my worst ever instrumental ive ever done, but then again it was improvised and also i didnt know anything!

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hey Simon you rock and I aint listened yet! :lol: but i will be when it comes through :wink:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Trigger wrote:Hey Simon you rock and I aint listened yet! :lol: but i will be when it comes through :wink:
lol how the hell do i rock? :P

I hope you have chance to listen to my old recording.

Simon
"A man who aimed to bring his dreams to reality is not a fool, but the man who won't is."
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

siro_angel wrote:
Trigger wrote:Hey Simon you rock and I aint listened yet! :lol: but i will be when it comes through :wink:
lol how the hell do i rock? :P

I hope you have chance to listen to my old recording.

Simon
Did you think I would ignore a friend? what do you take me for!! :wink: :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Trigger wrote: Did you think I would ignore a friend? what do you take me for!! :wink: :lol:
lmao! god that makes me laugh, sorry just been feeling a little "blue"

Simon
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

siro_angel wrote:
Trigger wrote: Did you think I would ignore a friend? what do you take me for!! :wink: :lol:
lmao! god that makes me laugh, sorry just been feeling a little "blue"

Simon
Not here amongst friends, I won't allow it i am the all powerfull admin :twisted: :wink: :lol:
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Trigger wrote:
Not here amongst friends, I won't allow it i am the all powerfull admin: evil : :wink: :lol:
oh noes! the all powerfulness admin! :shock:

*shakes in his boots*

lol..

man i can be such a weirdo at times..

Simon
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Hi Simon

That was really orchestral in the way you constructed that not to mention very atmospheric 8)

How unique too that as a teenage boy you wrote a piece in the constraints of what you knew and instead of visualising a piece where you did all the normal attempted teenage stuff like tapping and trying to impress etc

I actually thought it was a good piece. Right up my street :D

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

Matthew wrote:Hi Simon

That was really orchestral in the way you constructed that not to mention very atmospheric 8)

How unique too that as a teenage boy you wrote a piece in the constraints of what you knew and instead of visualising a piece where you did all the normal attempted teenage stuff like tapping and trying to impress etc

I actually thought it was a good piece. Right up my street :D

Matt
Thanks Matt :) I mean im 18 going on 19 now, and looking back at that peice, as much as i felt it is my worst peice, but it did set the foundations for what i do now on guitar.

Plus heres the clencher, I remember recording half an hour of footage, but edited it down to just 10 minutes, hense the title Solitude (Edit)

Thanks again Matt :D

Simon
siro_angel
Mass Poster

Post by siro_angel »

This is me with the guitar i used for Solitude (Edit), an Encore Junior, i loved that guitar, but it was tempermental and snapped its strings a lot.

Simon
Attachments
DSCF0439.JPG
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i liked the the track too, reminded me of ozzy playing with his synth in the osbournes, only better 8) :lol:

it makes me want to start playing with echoes again.