YOU wanna hear some Dutchman stuff?

Music created by our members

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

YOU wanna hear some Dutchman stuff?

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Thought maybe some people will like this.
Last friday night was my first live solo spot again in about 3 years. Hadn't done it for a long time. I also used my Marshall 100W superlead (handwired) for the first time on stage now. The amp was fully crancked and slaved to a poweramp to control the end-volume. Still very loud but the Marshall alone would be a bit too loud. The superlead is very touch responsive. Very punchy and a lot of attack. Even when crancked and full boosted with an MXR overdrive and some midboost you can still control the amount of distortion by how hard you pick. I kind of like the sound but it's still not exactly what I want. I think with the right speakers ( I used V30's here) some things can be improved. I like to hear more resonance in the lows/mids and a bit more crispness. Sounds like greenbacks I'll maybe need. Except for the "four seasons" part (which I planned and use as excercise to improve my technique a bit) everything is spontaneaous. There is also some Revelation from Randy in it. Didn't know how to continue so I ended it a little different. Was not happy afterwards (too sloppy playing) but after hearing back it's not all bad I guess. All distance miked with a litte walkman.

Guitarsolo ~ live on stage

Maybe nice to share as well, the one and only Randy cover we do, also from last friday:

I don't know ~ live on stage

We only played for maybe 20 people (despite a lot of advertising.....) and when I did the solo some people even walked away.... oh well. Hope you guys like it anyway so it wasn't all for nothing.
Keep up the good stuff here & ROCK will never die! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

I thought that was a fucking killer Dutch....HONESTLY!!! Very cool classical stuff in there...maybe you can send me or point me to the tabs of those runs? You've got great chops by the way. You've played out enough I'm sure and remember it's the same story rather you're in Holland or in the U.S.A. bar people don't really appreciate a good gig unless you're playing some trendy bullshit that they can dance to so, don't be discouraged. Next time throw wooden shoes at them.....that'll get their attention!! :lol: :D :wink:
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
frank
Student & Friend of Randy

Post by frank »

excellent! i'm just beginning to realize there's a lot of talent on this site.
FlyingHigh

Post by FlyingHigh »

sounded great Dutch :), i thought the tone was quite unique actually which is hard on recordings.
frank wrote:excellent! i'm just beginning to realize there's a lot of talent on this site.
You havn't heard Rhoads Randy Addict haha :lol:
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

FlyingHigh wrote:sounded great Dutch :), i thought the tone was quite unique actually which is hard on recordings.
frank wrote:excellent! i'm just beginning to realize there's a lot of talent on this site.
That's funny RRA hasn't heard "himself" play either! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

BIG_P wrote:
FlyingHigh wrote:sounded great Dutch :), i thought the tone was quite unique actually which is hard on recordings.
I am not into bashing or slagging anyone off, but i was given a link to that thread, well both of his threads and to be honest, i cannot believe .tk have done so little. His disgraceful plagiarism, puts a bitter taste in almost everyones mouth. Firstly, the sweeping incident was bad, but because nobody had any proof it wasnt him (as in evidence ot show it was someone else) he got let off. But this incident with the Dimebag Harmonics goes way beyond his normal antics!
The Flying Dutchman

BIG_P wrote:and remember it's the same story rather you're in Holland or in the U.S.A. bar people don't really appreciate a good gig unless you're playing some trendy bullshit that they can dance to so, don't be discouraged. Next time throw wooden shoes at them.....that'll get their attention!! :lol: :D :wink:
Hey P,
That's some good advice there, next time I kick them with my wooden shoes to get them out even faster! :evil: :lol:
I think we should invent a timemachine and go back straight to the eighties and stay there!
Don't forget to take all the Osbourne tourdates with us then. :wink:

Thnx guys, glad some can enjoy it.
Will put another one up when I'm satisfied with the sound, so maybe next year! :P
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Dutch

That was amazing :shock: I kind of imagine that we are all garage quality performers so I am always shocked at how good some of us are. Please let me hear a few more, also I think I better put up some of my tapes to prove that not all of us are talented!!! :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Trigger wrote:Hi Dutch

That was amazing :shock: I kind of imagine that we are all garage quality performers so I am always shocked at how good some of us are. Please let me hear a few more, also I think I better put up some of my tapes to prove that not all of us are talented!!! :lol:
Hey Trigger,
I'm just a bedroom/garage performer who sometimes hit the stage with a local band to make people happy! And that's fine to me. I wish I could make some drawings like you did! :shock:
Everybody has his talents I guess. Thnx man.
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

Jake_E_Lee wrote:
BIG_P wrote:
I am not into bashing or slagging anyone off, but i was given a link to that thread, well both of his threads and to be honest, i cannot believe .tk have done so little. His disgraceful plagiarism, puts a bitter taste in almost everyones mouth. Firstly, the sweeping incident was bad, but because nobody had any proof it wasnt him (as in evidence ot show it was someone else) he got let off. But this incident with the Dimebag Harmonics goes way beyond his normal antics!
You know honestly I am not into bashing either but, that kid is a knob whether he's still around here or not he is a complete and utter douche!! I don't by the "I'm only 12...13....16....48....what ever the hell old he is" bullshit HE NEEDS TO GROW UP!! I'm sorry if he had it bad or whatever but, haven't we all!!! I NEVER had a dirt bike or a Jackson guitar when I was 13 so, quit your crying. He not only lied about WHAT he was playing but, also had it on his myspace page a animated avatar of some dude doing a back flip on a dirt bike off from a jump and tried to push that off as himself as well. The funny thing is one of his friends called him out on it and he was like....uh... :lol:
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

This is just great!

I am gradually getting through everyones stuff. Frank is right there is some great talent here.

Nice tone Dutchman and I thought you sounded like YOU and completey had your own great style!!

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
The Flying Dutchman

Matthew wrote:I thought you sounded like YOU and completey had your own great style!!

Matt
Heeey Matt!
I think that's debatable...... :P
For sure I wouldn't play like that if there wasn't a Randy or Ed. :wink:

Thanks for the kind words, really appreciate it! 8)
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

very, very good playing man. you deserve every compliment that comes your way 8)

its always great to hear someone play good music with all the rubish thats about now.

Your solo spot was melodic, ferocious and dazzling im sure randy would have been proud.

i like your tone a lot by the way its very clean sounding yet dirty IMO thats what i try to go for too, i hate it when the notes of a solo dont cut through.
The Flying Dutchman

Thanks Rice! :D
rice_pudding wrote:i like your tone a lot by the way its very clean sounding yet dirty IMO thats what i try to go for too, i hate it when the notes of a solo dont cut through.
With a well tuned 100W NMV Superlead at meltdown level you can't go wrong! 8)
Tommy
Cool Member

Post by Tommy »

Awesome playing man! Really liked your solo! Tone was very good aswell!!

Oh, and yes, I really really really REALLY enjoyed busting RRA all those times :lol:
I think I've lost count to how many times I've busted him with his pants down now... :P