Jake E Lee on Ozzy Osbourne era (writing credits)

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stewie
Mass Poster

Jake E Lee on Ozzy Osbourne era (writing credits)

Post by Stewie »

Since Bob Daisley en Lee Kerslake are in a same kind of mess regarding lawsuits / writing credits:

In the VH1 episode with Jake E Lee ( http://www.vh1.com/video/that-metal-sho ... list.jhtml ), Jake is asked about his time with Ozzy.. Some interesting things relating to album credits are being said and Sharon is also briefly discussed. Some quick lines from the interview:
What are your feelings about your time with Ozzy?
I'm not really bitter about it, it was wonderful... (continues talking)

Did you bring songs/material to the records?
(starts talking about song ideas, now in particular BATM): Bark at the moon, when I wrote it (applause)...

What is the one song you whish you wrote? (Rick Allen answered 'Happy Birthday')
Apparently Bark at the Moon (laughter)

If Ozzy offered for you to play again in his band again, would you consider? (audience question)
That is an interesting question... I would consider it. I feel like I should get credit for the songs I wrote on Bark at the Moon. I dont want money, I dont want any part of the publishing, I dont want any ... I just want my name there. If they would want to do that, I would be more than happy to talk about it.
Personally I feel that Jake couldn't have handled these questions better.. He responded calm, straight to the point with a dose of humor. No mudslinging and even a sort of 'peace offering' for Ozzy. As a Jake fan I coulnd't be happier with this episode!
Tito
Mass Poster

Re: Jake E Lee on Ozzy Osbourne era (writing credits)

Post by Tito »

i saw it stewie the guy has nothing but class!!i was blown away when i saw the interview the other night!!
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I agree. Jake is a class act in this 3-ring circus of life. It was good to see him and good luck to him in the future! :D
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Stewie wrote:Since Bob Daisley en Lee Kerslake are in a same kind of mess regarding lawsuits / writing credits:

In the VH1 episode with Jake E Lee ( http://www.vh1.com/video/that-metal-sho ... list.jhtml ), Jake is asked about his time with Ozzy.. Some interesting things relating to album credits are being said and Sharon is also briefly discussed. Some quick lines from the interview:
What are your feelings about your time with Ozzy?
I'm not really bitter about it, it was wonderful... (continues talking)

Did you bring songs/material to the records?
(starts talking about song ideas, now in particular BATM): Bark at the moon, when I wrote it (applause)...

What is the one song you whish you wrote? (Rick Allen answered 'Happy Birthday')
Apparently Bark at the Moon (laughter)

If Ozzy offered for you to play again in his band again, would you consider? (audience question)
That is an interesting question... I would consider it. I feel like I should get credit for the songs I wrote on Bark at the Moon. I dont want money, I dont want any part of the publishing, I dont want any ... I just want my name there. If they would want to do that, I would be more than happy to talk about it.
Personally I feel that Jake couldn't have handled these questions better.. He responded calm, straight to the point with a dose of humor. No mudslinging and even a sort of 'peace offering' for Ozzy. As a Jake fan I coulnd't be happier with this episode!
Yeah except that Jake CO-WROTE the music for Bark at the Moon (the album) with Bob Daisley, odd that he doesn't mention that! How soon they forget.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Sky wrote: Yeah except that Jake CO-WROTE the music for Bark at the Moon (the album) with Bob Daisley, odd that he doesn't mention that! How soon they forget.
He didn't say he was the sole writer... And I am sure Jake has not forgotten about that. He just said he should deserve credit as well.
Sky
Madman

Post by Sky »

Stewie wrote:
Sky wrote: Yeah except that Jake CO-WROTE the music for Bark at the Moon (the album) with Bob Daisley, odd that he doesn't mention that! How soon they forget.
He didn't say he was the sole writer... And I am sure Jake has not forgotten about that. He just said he should deserve credit as well.
I'd like to think that you're right. Jake was, and probably still is, an excellent guitarist. It's a great pity that the writers of Bark got no recognition for their work.
"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain't goin' away." - Elvis Presley
hansolo
Mass Poster

Post by hansolo »

I don't think he was slighting Bob. In the interview Jake mentions 'Bark at the moon' written by Ozzy Osbourne. That is really what is bugging him, rightly so IMHO.
RRForever

Post by RRForever »

It was very doubtful Jake meant to neglect Bob Daisley. The interviewer specifically asked Jake about the material he brought to Bark at the Moon. I'd say, Jake was being non-specific.
RRForever

Post by RRForever »

Then, at the end, Jake mentioned he wanted to be included on songs that he wrote. He could've used the word "co-wrote". It was lazy vocabulary. Nothing intentional.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Its a Jake E Lee interview not an Oscar awards 'who should i thank' speech.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I loved what he had to say about 'grunge'... I listen to some of that stuff I used to love in the '80's and the guitar solos did get a bit out there. Soloing for the sake of soloing. I can't watch an '80's concert video without skipping the spotlight solo these days (except for Dave Murray with Maiden).

Jake could've shaved, but otherwise seems to have aged well. Nothing but respect for the guy based on what he had to say in that interview.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

...and apparently they don't have alleys in Vegas 8) :lol:
Stewie
Mass Poster

Post by Stewie »

Paul Wolfe wrote: Jake could've shaved, but otherwise seems to have aged well.
I think he looks very presentable. One of the main TMS guys could use a shave in my opinion :)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Stewie wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote: Jake could've shaved, but otherwise seems to have aged well.
I think he looks very presentable...
He looked fine, it's just that his facial hair is quite grey, just like mine. I HATE having gray facial hair!!! Unless of course the rest of your hair is grey :wink: I was glad to see he still has rock star good looks unlike some of his peers who've put on a bit of weight and still think they look like rock stars.