What could the third album have been like with Jake?

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

kamalayka
Cool Member

What could the third album have been like with Jake?

Post by kamalayka »

There were some pretty cool songs on Killer of Giants. The guitar playing and tone had improved immensely between since Bark At the Moon. If Jake had been around longer, what do you think the third album would have been like?

On jakeelee.com, there is an interview from 1986, and the very end of it reads:

[Jake] has plans for the next album to more fully explore the vistas of electric guitar. And Ozzy has even suggested that Jake might be a likely candidate for producer. "I don't know if I'm quite ready for that."

I'm not saying Zakk's first album was bad, but Jake uses so many colorful scales and is much more exciting and innovating in my opinion.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Re: What could the third album have been like with Jake?

Post by axeman_12656 »

I love No Rest For The Wicked.

It would have been interesting to see what Jake had in store for us though.

I have said for years I think Ozzy needs to release a live album with Jake. He is the only guitar player Ozz has had that he really didn't do that with. Just the Ultimate Ozzy Video.
Live Life Stronger Than Death
kamalayka
Cool Member

Post by kamalayka »

I never even thought of that! A live album would be cool. Unfortunately, most people today wouldn't even know who Jake is. :cry: The Ultimate Sin album is VERY underrated.

What's he been up to the past couple decades????

Maybe all of Ozzy's former guitarists should get together and form a super group. They could call it, "$crewed by the O$bournes."
Zakk and Jake could take turn ripping out solos. Brad Gillis could be in the background doing some crazy divebombs all over the place, while Joe Holmes lays down a heavy rhythm. They could even bring along the short guy from the Diary of a Madman tour and have him throw hot dogs or Randy Rhoads t-shirts or something to the crowd each night. (Didn't he play R2-D2 in Star Wars?)

I'd pay to see that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Not sure Brad or Zakk feel screwed by the Osbournes, though... how about Life After Ozz?
sytharnia
Mass Poster

Post by sytharnia »

axeman_12656 wrote:
I have said for years I think Ozzy needs to release a live album with Jake. He is the only guitar player Ozz has had that he really didn't do that with. Just the Ultimate Ozzy Video.
well if you think about it jake is the most filmed of ozzy's guitarists. We have the "bark at the moon concert" from salt lake city and "the ultimate ozzy", with zakk we have live and loud (which is so cut up nothing syncs right so I don't really count that haha)) and budakon. randy has "after hours" and brad has a boot of "speak of the devil".

Personally I would love to hear what jake did for the ultimate sin while ozzy was in betty ford. The story goes he wrote and demoed a whole albums worth of songs and ozzy rejected most of it when he "got out" and they started again. I think a lot of the stuff would have been bits and pieces of what jake did anyway on the album
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

Yeah... We all know what Jake sounded like live with Ozzy from the live videos. But, it would be nice to have a ripping audio that you could truly turn to 10 and jam in the car. Not a bootleg.

They could call it.

OZZY LIVE: 85

It could be a part 2 the to recently released OZZY LIVE CD with Randy.

Only problem with 85 is it wouldn't have the Ultimate Sin stuff on it. bad idea. lol
Last edited by axeman_12656 on Mon May 07, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Post by axeman_12656 »

sytharnia wrote:Personally I would love to hear what jake did for the ultimate sin while ozzy was in betty ford. The story goes he wrote and demoed a whole albums worth of songs and ozzy rejected most of it when he "got out" and they started again. I think a lot of the stuff would have been bits and pieces of what jake did anyway on the album
Joe Holmes and Rob Trujllio did the same thing in the late 90s while Ozzy was away on a tour with Sabbath. Ozzy then came back and didn't wanna go thru the hours of tapes. They just started from scratch. Joe was later replaced with Zakk on what became the Down To Earth album. A couple of Joes tracks did make the cut though. "THAT I NEVER HAD and JUNKIE".