Jackson V played by Jake ??

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Jackson V played by Jake ??

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was browsing through ebay and this guitar is very questionable. I know people try it on and we've seen plenty items that are genuine but i'll let you decide..You'd think the guy could at least spell Ozzy's name correct ?.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Randy-Rhoads-Jack ... 0368901142
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I was bidding on this. Didn't win. It didn't make the reserve. That said, its a Jackson RR, and if the guy who wins it gets it for 335, thats a fucking steal.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

i doubt it has anything to do with Jake.
other than a photo where he's biting a RR Jackson,
but I have yet to see a picture of him playing one.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

I remember seeing 2 photos of Jake with a guitar that looked like this, actually the first photo I ever saw of Jake was one of them, I think it was in Guitar World maybe 83/84, I think the issue might have had an interview with EVH in it, and I'm not sure if BATM was even out yet. It was the first interview I remember reading with Jake and was not more than a page or too. It was more or less an interview with "Ozzy's New Guitar Player" and I remember that somewhere in it that it said Jake had access to the RR Jackson model. The other pic is the aforementioned "biting" pic (gotta be something about Ozz and that biting stuff, lol!!!), I have never seen any pic's of Jake actually playing this guitar but the listing says they are on the net, guess I'll have to check and see. Whether Jake actually played it or not it is a very nice RR model.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

There are actually 3 photos of Jake with a guitar like this, you can view all of them in the photo gallery at jakeelee.com under Ozzy Osbourne 83-85 under misc. photos in both color and b&w. There are no pictures of him actually playing the guitar live, all 3 are posed shots for interviews in magazines and I actually remember the 3rd photo after seeing it again. I did not find any photos of Jake and this guitar other than the "biting" shot on the net. Still a very nice guitar.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That was one of the main reasons i didn't think this guitar was ever owned by Jake. Why didn't the guy post a pic of Jake up playing the guitar Live ?. It would of helped the authenticity of the item. The story was too good to be true.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

I won't go so far as to say Jake never "owned" this guitar, I just can't find any pictures of him actually playing it onstage with Ozzy or anywhere else.
JustTakeAPebble
Mass Poster

Post by JustTakeAPebble »

If I am right and don't quote me on this, but I'm sure he used it for his album A Fine Pink Mist... Briiliant solo album from him though, so very visual.

Simon
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

I don't remember him mentioning using anything other than his white Charvel for "A Fine Pink Mist", along with a Sansamp and several stompbox pedals and an avalon tube preamp I believe, but I could be wrong about that. If it is the same guitar that Jake was photographed with then their is some value in it just for that, whether he played it or not. If I was seriously interested in this guitar based solely on the claim that it belonged to Jake, I'd check with Jackson guitars, they could check the serial # and probably tell you if it was one they sent to Jake. They (Jackson) seem to keep a very thorough database about their guitars (especially those that were made for an artist). Interestingly I saw a flying V type guitar with Jake's (or is it) autograph on it on ebay last night for what I think is an outrageous amount. The seller's location is Las Vegas so I guess it could be Jake's signature on it, you just never know these days. This is not a knock on a RR Jackson, but if I wanted a guitar associated with Jake, I'd get on a waiting list for his ESP model, they (ESP) still do them in limited runs and it is just a killer guitar. And just to say, if I wanted a guitar associated with Randy it would be a RR Jackson, I always just loved the first one Randy had, and the one that I played was a fantastic playing guitar. Oh and I have to agree, "A Fine Pink Mist" is an excellent album, I like the fact that Jake went a little bit against the grain of what most rock instrumental guitar albums sounded like.