That Metal Show-Where is Jake

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

tedeeoo
Madman

That Metal Show-Where is Jake

Post by tedeeoo »

I thought this was interesting, if any of you watch TMS with Eddie Trunk on VH1 Classic, he does a segment where people ask what's up with their favorite 80's metal stars, this weekend he had Stephen Pearcy and Warren Demartini of Ratt on as guests and you guessed it, the question was, "where is Jake?" This is where it got interesting to me, Eddie didn't really say anything new about what Jake is up to but he did say, of all the people he gets asked about, he gets asked about Jake the most. He also said that, "everybody just loves the guy". Warren also said that Jake has an open invite to join Ratt onstage anytime he wants to including at their upcoming Vegas shows. I think it speaks alot of Jake that after all these years were he's basically stayed out of the limelite and music business, that he would be the person most asked about to Eddie Trunk. Eddie probably carries the torch for metal as much as anyone these days and is certainly one of the most visible people doing it. Its really nice that people think well of Jake and would love to see him again, and Eddie Trunk has never had anything but good things to say about Jake. I keep hoping and although Vegas is 1500 miles or so from Mississippi, if I knew he was playing there tonight, with Ratt or anyone else, I would be on a plane to get there.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

When I met the lads out of RATT, they were all great. I didn't really speak to the bassist, and only spoke to Corabi briefly, but I had a good chat with Pearcy, DeMartini and Bobby. I was wearing my Jake shirt and Pearcy simply said "hey, great shirt man, Jake's the shit" and me and DeMartini had a good 45 minute to an hour talk about Jake while people crammed around listening in. It was really great. Warren even took a photo of my shirt saying he was going to send it to the email address he has of Jake and see what he gets in response. Stupidly, i never got Warrens email off him to ask. I got Bobbys, but Bobby said i'd need to ask Warren myself.
tedeeoo
Madman

Post by tedeeoo »

I think I remember you mentioning this (over at jel.com maybe) and didn't you post pics too? You know really I just hope Jake is happy and well, I'd love to see him comeback like everyone else, but if he doesn't as long as he's okay then that's alright. I do wish at some point of my life I could tell him "thank you", because whether he ever knows it or not, Jake had alot to do with my life, musically and non-musically, and all in a good way.
"The Only Two Things In Life That Make It Worth Livin"