New Cat's-Eye Pedals ad featuring Jake e Lee

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

deansolo
Cool Member

New Cat's-Eye Pedals ad featuring Jake e Lee

Post by deansolo »

As most of you already know Jake is an endorser for my fuzz pedals. Here's the new ad featuring Jake, that will run here in the States, in Vintage Guitar Magazine.

Skezza was kind enough to let me post the ad. :D Thanks Skeeza!

Jakes quote: "Mista' Fuzz is the best fuzz face improvement I've come across...even better than my old fuzz faces, much lusted after by connoissuers".....Jake E Lee, Legendary guitarist)

Photo of Jake by Kelly Garni. :)
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Hey Dean,

How does Jake use your pedal?
Still for cleanboost?

Nice pic! :wink:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Flying Dutchman wrote:Hey Dean,

How does Jake use your pedal?
Still for cleanboost?

Nice pic! :wink:
No, Jake uses the Mista' Fuzz for his 'core' fuzz tone...controls it with his guitars volume knob ala' Hendrix. With the Mista Fuzz you can back off the guitars volume and the fuzz cleans up very nicely for rythym....turn up the guitars volume and it fuzzes back up for the leads. Works great with a tube amp on the verge of break-up.....that spot right before the amp starts to distort.....Add Mista' Fuzz and "BAM"...Hendrix Nirvana! :)
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

www.cats-eyeesp.com
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

he looks so different now
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

skezza wrote:he looks so different now
I'm not sure, you can still tell who it is. He looks a lot less 80's but other than that he still looks similar. He looks a lot more like he used to than Ozzy does... If he was in his old stage stuff with the white and black Charvel/Fender he would look a lot more like how he used to than Ozzy in his old stage clothes.
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

skezza wrote:he looks so different now
Jakes 49 now and by all conversations has given up the whole "rockstar-image" thing.

I've got the whole "Retraced" photoshoot done by Kelly Garni last year. There's a few shots where Jake is posing in a more rockstar-like manner, but you can tell he just isn't into portraying that type of image anymore...some shots have the "are you done yet?" look! LOL!! :D

www.cats-eyeesp.com
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

Wow it's great to see Jake again how was he when you met him. Does he know we are waiting to see him again? :D
Randy rocked
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Jakes very cool, modest, and laid back. Yeah he knows everyone's waiting for him to do more stuff. Like I've said before, when asked what's next he kind of sidesteps the question. We talk about gear, and that's about it. I'm sure he's gonna do more stuff soon.... as he's got a deal with Shrapnel records, is endorsing my stuff and Dave Stephens's pickups and was in the 2006 ESP catalog. Seems he's slowly re-surfacing.

All we can do is wait! :)

www.cats-eyeesp.com
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

you know if he has any new signature guitars going on with ESP or will he be
reviving the old signature-line ? :)
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

I don't know. I don't talk about ESP guitars......ESP Guitars and and Cat's-Eye E.S.P. don't really get along for obvious reasons. :)

www.cats-eyeesp.com
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

so, which guitar fits best with a Cat's Eye ? ;)
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

Stiltzkin wrote:so, which guitar fits best with a Cat's Eye ? ;)
All guitars fit well with Cat's-Eye pedals! I was refering to the company... ESP Guitars.

ESP (guitars) and Cat's-Eye E.S.P. (Electronic Specialty Products) have agreed not to speak of each other.

In case anyone here is one of the 2 people on planet earth that may be confused....Cat's-Eye E.S.P. is in no way affilliated (sp.?) with ESP Guitar Co. :roll: :D

www.cats-eyeesp.com
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

In my opinion, as a Jake fan and with him as my name :lol: I would not want to see Jake E Lee playing anything else but his White Charvel. Thats his beauty, his signature in my opinion! Dean, if you have close relations perhaps you could ask him to sign up here, while he maybe a bit reluctant (Hopefully not) I would love to speak to him, ask him a few questions.
JEL
Taz

Post by Taz »

wow, that would be confusing.........what with you both having the same name and all..........lol
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Taz wrote:wow, that would be confusing.........what with you both having the same name and all..........lol
Im sure I probably asked him when he first signed up whether he was the real Jake :D