The set lists for the shows Jake E Lee played with Ozzy

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote: Yeah I am. LOL. :lol:
Thought I'd better contribute something after seeing you and NicDots posting some ace photo's, I can't compete with those of Randy but these ones of the Jake era are pretty good.
These are from Hammersmith Odeon, November 29th 1983. Unfortunatley I can't take the credit for them, I bought them from seeing an advert in Sounds just after the '83 Tour, can't remember the name of the photographer or the agency though, Pete Still seems to ring a bell but not too sure.
I seem to remember Carmine Appice thinking he was the star of the show, its no suprise he was out on his arse a few months later.
Pete Still he tried to con me when i bought some photos from him. So in a bid to try to get one up on him i bid on ever item and won everthing he was selling on ebay. I refused to pay, until he found out who i was...I got what he owed me..If you want to get the full set of those pics his name on ebay is funnily enough iconograph1
Those are great pics from Donnington mate. That was the time when Motorhead, Scorpions, Bad News :roll: were on the billing who else was on that day ?..
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Those are great pics from Donnington mate. That was the time when Motorhead, Scorpions, Bad News :roll: were on the billing who else was on that day ?..
No, these photo's are from 1984 and was part of Ozzy's Bark at the Moon Tour when AC-DC headlined and Van Halen, Gary Moore and Motley Crue were on the bill. This was probably my favourite line-up of any festival ever.
I think your thinking about 1986 on the Ultimate Sin Tour when Ozzy headlined and was joined by Scorpions, Def Leppard, Motorhead, Bad News, I think Doro was also on the bill.
This was another great day, Bad News were a good laugh but they got plenty of bottles and crap thrown their way, but they were taking the piss anyhow so they took it in their stride, a good laugh.
This was also Def leppards first comeback gig since Rick Allen lost his arm, thought they were really good (for a band with a one armed-drummer)
Ozzy was OK but not as good as in '84 when he stole the show in my eyes.
Heres a pic of the band from a week after the Donington'86 gig, this is from a German festival when Scorps headlined and Ozzy was second headliner.
Attachments
Photo04_3.jpg
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Another pic from Germany '86
Attachments
Photo03_2.jpg
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Are there any bootlegs of Jake's acoustic solo in the original set list Ian has posted up?

Thanks all

Matt
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Heres a few more pics from the German Festival in August 1986.
Attachments
Photo06_5.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

And another of Jake
Attachments
Photo02_1.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Ozzy and Jake
Attachments
Photo07_6.jpg
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

And finally a band line-up, Phil Soussan, Ozzy Osbourne, Randy Castillo and Jake E Lee
Attachments
Photo01_0.jpg
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

these photos are so cool fozzy thanks for sharing them
Randy rocked