The Jake E Lee Tribute Project

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

deansolo
Cool Member

The Jake E Lee Tribute Project

Post by deansolo »

Those of us who also post over at http://www.jakeelee.com are aware of the Jake Tribute Project that has been in the works for a couple of years now.

Jimi Forrest, the Executive Producer and project coordinator was kind enough to let me hear an advance copy of the finished CD. I was absolutely floored! All 13 tracks are fantastic! The musicianship as well as the production is top notch. Particularly amazing is that the entire project was done entirely over the internet.

The CD should be available to the public soon. I gave Jimi the contact info for Aaron Duke at 34 West Records and they have been discussing the possible release of the Tribute CD on the 34 West label.

For more info on "Rock N Roll Rebel...A Tribute to Jake E Lee", check out the official website: http://www.jakeelee.com/tribute/tribute_main.html
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

whats the track list :D
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

skezza wrote:whats the track list :D
I wish I could tell you, but I can't. He's holding me to secrecy on that one.

There was originally 16 tracks, but he's pared it down to 13. If you follow the link in my original post, you can see the list of the 16 original tracks.

you'll get the idea. :D
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

www.cats-eyeesp.com
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

I am quite familiar with this much anxious and awaited Tribute Cd Project to & in honor of legendary Guitarist/Musician Writer Jake E. Lee "Rock N Roll Rebel: A Tribute to Jake E. Lee" and his treasure input to the Music Industry. That's amazing so you guys put "all" your talents together through the Internet...-I bet that was quite difficult at times but low & behold you mighty musicians did it! And I can't wait to hear it & nice to know it has a hefty label endorsement from 34 West Label Records. :D Peace!
The legendary Randy Rhoads is an electric "Crazy Train" Guitarist/Musician to the max!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I remember reading about this a while ago I think it will be very exciting when it is released. I only wish you could give us a bit of inside info on the tracks that will be on the album.
Has Jake listened to them and if so what does he think of the album. :D

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
deansolo
Cool Member

Post by deansolo »

The track list covers all the phases of Jakes career starting with Bark at the Moon in chronological order. All Ozzy fans will enjoy the Ozzy era stuff, Badlands fans will enjoy the Bandlands stuff, etc., etc.

I think the major obstacle in the way of release, is publishing/licenses. I suppose the label that releases the project would have to take care of those types of issues. I haven't talked to Jimi about it for a few months so I'm not sure how all that is progressing.

Jimi told me he sent an advance copy to Jake and asked what he thought, but I'm not sure what Jake's response was.

it really is an awesome record and I'm hoping he gets a label to release it soon.

I fried one of my JBL monitors listening to it!....it's good!
:)

www.cats-eyeesp.com
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

deansolo wrote:Jimi told me he sent an advance copy to Jake and asked what he thought, but I'm not sure what Jake's response was.
does that mean he gave an opinion atleast?
or did he not ?
jefnel1

Post by jefnel1 »

If you'd like to hear samples of the songs on the tribute, check out JakeELee.com under the Main Menu > Projects section.
"A lot of people use the (tremolo) bar when their brain or their heart quits thinking about the music." - Jake E Lee