Shot in the dark/ Ultimate Sin live

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Madman56
Cool Member

Shot in the dark/ Ultimate Sin live

Post by Madman56 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdMFwzgUXD0

I haven't seen this in years! Just skimming through Youtube and came across this gem from the 80's, Ozzy, Jake, Phil & Randy (R.I.P.) doing their stuff.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

It's funny how Ozzy's stage movement hasn't changed much since 1986. :lol:
Thanks for the vid!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

I was at this show it was filmed in Newcastle TyneTees studios for the music show The Tube, this programme went out live.I managed to get a DVD of this show on ebay it brought back alot of good memories Happy days Eh! :lol:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I was at this show it was filmed in Newcastle TyneTees studios for the music show The Tube, this programme went out live.I managed to get a DVD of this show on ebay it brought back alot of good memories Happy days Eh! :lol:
What happened at this show? I watched it live and wondered what happened before and after the camers's stopped rolling? did they only do 3 songs, it was cut off before they fininshed track 3.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Trigger wrote:
GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:I was at this show it was filmed in Newcastle TyneTees studios for the music show The Tube, this programme went out live.I managed to get a DVD of this show on ebay it brought back alot of good memories Happy days Eh! :lol:
What happened at this show? I watched it live and wondered what happened before and after the camers's stopped rolling? did they only do 3 songs, it was cut off before they fininshed track 3.
Well the format of the show would normaly feature about 3 Live bands some would just have a backing track playing and they'd go through the motions i.e (Pet Shop Boys) say no more Eh!..You had to take the shit with the smooth LOL! So inbetween bands they would play videos etc they had a DJ / warm up guy who would tell you who was coming on next..Then it was just like being at a regular gig.Some times if the last band on had time and got a good reaction from the crowd they'd do a couple of extra tunes which was cool..I don't think Ozzy had time because i think they played in Newcastle the same night and had to head for the gig!!I seen some cool bands Bon Jovi, Judas Priest, Twisted Sister, Thin Lizzy..One perticular show was wild the Priest gig..Jools Holland was introducing the band and all the crowd started chanting really LOUD !!! 'Holland is a Wanker Da la la La Holland is a ...'It was brilliant he didn't know what to say apart from this next band are for those bunch of noisey so and so's HA!!..I hit lucky last year and a guy was selling the Lizzy Ozzy and JP shows i picked the 3 of them up for less then £10..One show i'd like to see again was Motorhead and Twisted Sister that was one of the first shows that featured two metal bands...When they axed the Tube they did a programme called 'The Roxy' which was shit in comparison but again i seen a few bands like Def Leppard Kiss Status Quo.But this was recorded and it was very like Top of the Pops..Take after Take of the same song it got on your tits abit but it was a free night out...
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

Trigger's right. Ozzy played at Newcastle Riverside that night 'cos i was there,in all honesty,can't remember much about it it, long time ago and remember being well pissed,surprise, but one memory is being in a pub and most people talking about Jake rather than Ozzy. Also went to Manchester not long after and that was the beginning of Jake the legend for me,although i wa at Donington '84 when Ozzy and band destroyed everyone. Happy days. :D
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

Sorry, it was guitaridol5682 who commented on Ozzy playing later. :oops:
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

Sorry once again!! it was the now defunct Mayfair, not Riverside. :oops: :oops: :oops: Talk about the brain being ravaged!!!
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah we got there eventually Jake..LOL!! i was going to say i cannot remember Ozzy playing at the Riverside...These are a few items from that gig and tour..
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Jake66 wrote:although i was at Donington '84 when Ozzy and band destroyed everyone. Happy days. :D
That was one of the best shows I was evert at, Ozzy was amazing.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

Brilliant stuff 8) . I wish now that i'd kept old ticket stubs and all the other stuff you get at concerts. :cry:

I remember Donington 1984 as we had to leave during Van Halen's set to get home,can't remember why now,it was my first Donington show,i didn't go again until 1988,why i missed out on '86 when Ozzy headlined,i only wish i could remember 'cos i loved the Ultimate Sin album as soon as i heard it. Great days.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Jake66 wrote:Brilliant stuff 8) . I wish now that i'd kept old ticket stubs and all the other stuff you get at concerts. :cry:

I remember Donington 1984 as we had to leave during Van Halen's set to get home,can't remember why now,it was my first Donington show,i didn't go again until 1988,why i missed out on '86 when Ozzy headlined,i only wish i could remember 'cos i loved the Ultimate Sin album as soon as i heard it. Great days.
86 was a good donington but 84 was stunning, he wiped the floor with Van Halen.
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

Yeah, my memory of '84 doesn't serve me too well to be honest,i was only seventeen. If i remember rightly the first half hour of Ozzy's set was absolute chaos in the crowd,everyone going mental. I think i read once that he overplayed his allocated time due to the crowd response. He was far and away the best on the day,and luckily it was Ozzy we'd all came to see,although i couldn't comment on AC/DC as i didn't get to see them.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Hey guys,
Is there any footage/audio of that '84 Donington gig?
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

Not that i now of,but :wink: ,,,,,,,,,,