Divinely inspired vibrato.

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

McLowery
Madman

Divinely inspired vibrato.

Post by McLowery »

IMHO, Jake has the wickedest vibrato in the biz.
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

Jakes vibrato is just awesome in my opinion. Ive said for years that he has something about his vibrato that makes me want to do it like him! I think he gets such a distinctive sound from the fact he used hard tails whereas others with such vibrato would struggle on a floyd rose guitar (not thought about a strat)
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i've never really though about it but your right his vibrato is good. I think maybe a like paul kossof's a bit more though
McLowery
Madman

Post by McLowery »

Jake_E_Lee wrote:Jakes vibrato is just awesome in my opinion. Ive said for years that he has something about his vibrato that makes me want to do it like him! I think he gets such a distinctive sound from the fact he used hard tails whereas others with such vibrato would struggle on a floyd rose guitar (not thought about a strat)
I agree, a hard tail is almost certainly required to get such a fast and wicked response from the string. FR or Khaler guitars just don't offer it.
Oh bring me some CHUNKY PUDDING, and bring it RIGHT NOW!!!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

kinda digging up old ground here talking bout vibrato, but it just struck me the other day: angus young-he's got some amazing vibrato, to my ears at least