Jake had the coolest stage presence

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

Mike541x wrote:
Dan wrote:Plus he was a jerk when I was a kid trying to get an autograph. So two strikes.
Just wondering Dan, How was Jake a jerk to you?
He totally blew me off when I asked him for an autograph. He was under the impression he was too cool to stop for a few seconds for a fan.

People can change and I'm sure his stardom had gone to his head at the time.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

When I think of Jake I think of this.
Mike541x
Cool Member

Post by Mike541x »

Dan wrote:
Mike541x wrote:
Dan wrote:Plus he was a jerk when I was a kid trying to get an autograph. So two strikes.
Just wondering Dan, How was Jake a jerk to you?
He totally blew me off when I asked him for an autograph. He was under the impression he was too cool to stop for a few seconds for a fan.

People can change and I'm sure his stardom had gone to his head at the time.
Pretty jerkish on his part.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Jake moved around too much for me. Don't know why that bothers me when it comes to RNR singers/players, but it does. Hyperactivity just seems so beyond lame. :lol:
I thought Randy had a really good balance of it when he was with Ozzy. He wasn't shaking his ass all over the place, falling over onto the stage, spinning around in circles on the ground and all that. It's just too much for me, really.
And on Jake, I don't think fame really fit his personality. I imagine being asked for an autograph would kind of be unsettling for him and weird. What I mean is that Jake wasn't a "people person."
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

I have to agree with NicDots here, I like a few of his compositions with Ozzy but watching him perform is hard to take.
"Five years ahead? I would love to have people know me as a guitar hero. Someday maybe put out a solo album where I can dig into a lot of instrumentals." ~~ RR ~~
Dan
Cool Member

Post by Dan »

NicDots wrote: And on Jake, I don't think fame really fit his personality. I imagine being asked for an autograph would kind of be unsettling for him and weird. What I mean is that Jake wasn't a "people person."
He seemed to be having a ball. The problem likely was I approached him as he was sheparding a hot little groupie onto the tour bus. I got the impression he was into the ol' nose candy too and he thought very highly of himself. Bob, Tommy and Don had time for me but not the new hot #$%^ guitar player I reckon. Oh well. I wasn't particularly a fan and my goal was to meet my hero Tommy Aldridge.
Baking the cookies of discontent by the heat of the laundromat vent...
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Nose candy, eh?
I have NEVER heard that about Jake. I always heard he was very clean for a rock star anyway, like Randy.
Cpt Matt Sparrow
Mass Poster

Post by Cpt Matt Sparrow »

Dan wrote:
NicDots wrote: he was sheparding a hot little groupie onto the tour bus.
He was consumed with the sausaging that awaited...I for one forgive him :D
Having a break from online activity for a while to concentrate on music. Please email if you need to get in touch. Matt