Jake E Lee's guitars

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

zmack mylde
Cool Member

Jake E Lee's guitars

Post by zmack mylde »

He played those fixed bridge Charvels one blue and one white. ESP came out with a signature Jake guitar based on those Charvels. I saw one on Evil Bay, damn they are expensive guitars. Has anyone here tried one of those?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

They aren't expensive, people on eBay just ask for extreme amounts of money for them.

I had a Charvel like Jake's back in the day... they weren't anything special.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Paul Wolfe wrote:They aren't expensive, people on eBay just ask for extreme amounts of money for them.

I had a Charvel like Jake's back in the day... they weren't anything special.
Do you know what model # Charvel it was? i wil try to get one that is not a signature series.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

remember that the white one he used with Ozzy really is a Fender :)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Stiltzkin wrote:remember that the white one he used with Ozzy really is a Fender :)
In 1983 me and a friend had the chance of stealing that white Fender, but we were good boys :D
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Stiltzkin wrote:remember that the white one he used with Ozzy really is a Fender :)
jake said when he bought that fender it came with a fixed bridge and he picked it because it sounded better than the strats with standard trems. I'm a little confused bout this, did fender make strats with fixed bridges once or was the guitar modified before jake bought it? :?
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Trigger wrote:
In 1983 me and a friend had the chance of stealing that white Fender, but we were good boys :D
His famous white guitar(I believe it was dubbed "Whitey) is really a fender with a Charvel neck?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

rice_pudding wrote:I'm a little confused bout this, did fender make strats with fixed bridges once or was the guitar modified before jake bought it? :?
They did make fixed bridge guitars :)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

DayNah wrote:
Trigger wrote:
His famous white guitar(I believe it was dubbed "Whitey) is really a fender with a Charvel neck?
Yep! thats the one........it was left with me and a friend by Jakes roadie, we stood with it for about 15 mins, we were alone it was dark.
If we had gone away with the guitars they had no chance of finding us.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Stiltzkin wrote:
rice_pudding wrote:I'm a little confused bout this, did fender make strats with fixed bridges once or was the guitar modified before jake bought it? :?
They did make fixed bridge guitars :)
interesting... i've never seen a fixed bridge fender strat :!: except jakes of course
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

Trigger wrote:
DayNah wrote:
Trigger wrote: In 1983 me and a friend had the chance of stealing that white Fender, but we were good boys :D
Yep! thats the one........it was left with me and a friend by Jakes roadie, we stood with it for about 15 mins, we were alone it was dark.
If we had gone away with the guitars they had no chance of finding us.
Wow, that's crazy...I never knew that...I can't believe how much information I've learned on this site.....Fucking awesome!
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

DayNah wrote:
Trigger wrote:
No !
Whitey is all Fender !

Although, Jake had a roommate at Charvel who sanded
the neck and put a Charvel logo on it. But it's still a Fender neck ;)
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Stiltzkin wrote:
DayNah wrote:
Trigger wrote: In 1983 me and a friend had the chance of stealing that white Fender, but we were good boys :D
No !
Whitey is all Fender !

i dont know about that. Jakes bio says the white guitar was a Charvel
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

zmack mylde wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote:
DayNah wrote: His famous white guitar(I believe it was dubbed "Whitey) is really a fender with a Charvel neck?
No !
Whitey is all Fender !

no it doesn't ... :roll:
his is Jake's number one guitar and his personal favorite. It consists of a 1974-75 Fender Stratocaster body, maple neck with rosewood fret board and Gibson frets, brass bridge and Gotoh tuners. The original Fender neck had a large CBS headstock. It was re-shaped and painted by a friend of Jake's who worked at Charvel and also affixed the Charvel logo. Notice the tell-tale Fender "Bullet" truss rod adjustment at the nut.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Stiltzkin wrote:
zmack mylde wrote:
Stiltzkin wrote: No !
Whitey is all Fender !

no it doesn't ... :roll:
his is Jake's number one guitar and his personal favorite. It consists of a 1974-75 Fender Stratocaster body, maple neck with rosewood fret board and Gibson frets, brass bridge and Gotoh tuners. The original Fender neck had a large CBS headstock. It was re-shaped and painted by a friend of Jake's who worked at Charvel and also affixed the Charvel logo. Notice the tell-tale Fender "Bullet" truss rod adjustment at the nut.
So basically all I would need to do is buy a white fender with a fixed bridge, remove the fender logo from the headstock and I have a Jake E, Lee signature guitar.