Jake E. Lee was the one

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

zmack mylde
Cool Member

Jake E. Lee was the one

Post by zmack mylde »

Jake was the only guitar player worthy enough to stand in for Randy. Both of Jakes albums with Ozzy were some of Ozzy's better ones. Bark at the Moon is such a bad ass tune.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Agreed. Ive always thought in reality, Jakes input into Ozzy's career has been a bit overlooked. I really appreciate the albums he made because they are some of the best he ever did. I love both Bark at the Moon and the Ultimate Sin and I think had Jake continued on as Ozzy's guitarist, his next album (NRFTW) would of been something more enjoyable for me, personally, that said, I know lots of people enjoy that album anyway :)
DayNah
Cool Member

Post by DayNah »

I dunno if you'd be saying that if Zakk only did 2 albums with Ozzy...Zakk's first 2 are amazing...He just got old/boring real quick....
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

I never cared for anything Jake wrote really. I do think Jake is an excellent showman and has amazing guitar technique though! Watching those shows when he's playing with Ozzy...man, he does some crazy stuff to his guitar!
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

cableguyxx wrote:My first introduction to Jake, was getting BATM after hearing Blizzard/Diary and totally loving them, plus not knowing about Randy or at least not relating him to Ozzy, I was terribly disappointed with the album. Glammed up Ozzy & company didn't help TUS. A few good songs on both albums, but overall pretty bland. Ultimate Sin was my first Ozzy show, and again it was a bit disappointing. I was really pleased with NRFTW and the following tour. Zakk's energy was night and day compared to what I saw with Jake at the end. Jake looked like he was fired up during the Bark tour, but TUS tour was pretty dull. NRFTW tour on the other hand was full of energy, and a great experience. Like said above, Ozzy's first two CD's with Zakk were his best. I think each of the guitarists have played an important and interesting part of the Ozzy story.

Bark at the Moon IS a badass tune!

Are you freakin kidding me? The Zakk Wylde/Ozzy albums are the worse ones in Ozzy's history.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

I think the early (pre-viking) Zakk is the one! 8)
cableguyxx
Mass Poster

Post by cableguyxx »

:arrow:
Last edited by cableguyxx on Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

zmack mylde wrote:
cableguyxx wrote:My first introduction to Jake, was getting BATM after hearing Blizzard/Diary and totally loving them, plus not knowing about Randy or at least not relating him to Ozzy, I was terribly disappointed with the album. Glammed up Ozzy & company didn't help TUS. A few good songs on both albums, but overall pretty bland. Ultimate Sin was my first Ozzy show, and again it was a bit disappointing. I was really pleased with NRFTW and the following tour. Zakk's energy was night and day compared to what I saw with Jake at the end. Jake looked like he was fired up during the Bark tour, but TUS tour was pretty dull. NRFTW tour on the other hand was full of energy, and a great experience. Like said above, Ozzy's first two CD's with Zakk were his best. I think each of the guitarists have played an important and interesting part of the Ozzy story.

Bark at the Moon IS a badass tune!

Are you freakin kidding me? The Zakk Wylde/Ozzy albums are the worse ones in Ozzy's history.
So wait, you DON'T like Zakk? :shock:
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

here we go again :roll:
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

I was thinking the same thing...
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

zmack mylde wrote: Are you freakin kidding me? The Zakk Wylde/Ozzy albums are the worse ones in Ozzy's history.
I agree with Darin... Jake's records have a couple good songs and lots of blandness. Find a copy of the US Festival show and you'll see that even Ozzy didn't have much confidence in Jake. It was the show that introduced Jake to the world and it's almost impossible to hear Jake under all the keyboards.

Your opinion says Jake is better. Quit bashing Zakk, he's done some good stuff, too.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi Darin,

I met Jake in 1986 and he was a very un-happy man I think as that 86 tour went on Jake became less inspired. I feel the same listening to the 1982 Randy shows, Randy seemed to be putting less in :cry:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Trigger wrote:Hi Darin,

I met Jake in 1986 and he was a very un-happy man I think as that 86 tour went on Jake became less inspired. I feel the same listening to the 1982 Randy shows, Randy seemed to be putting less in :cry:
Exactly my thoughts too.....

That's why I admire Zakk, if you conider it all (not only musical wise) he is probably the most suited guitarplayer for Ozz.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

That's so strange about the Randy shows...I always liked his 81 and 82 shows the most. His early shows in 1980 are a little to crazy sounding for me. I mean, in 82 the keys were a bit heavy, but I always liked his playing the most there.