Jake E. Lee was the one

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

whoopiecat wrote: I looked back at my post and thought: "What the hell does this have to do with 'Jake E Lee was the one'?"

That's the beauty of this place. The conversations morph naturally into another subject. Just as a conversation among friends would if you were sitting around the living room talking.
The_Scratch

Re: Jake E. Lee was the one

Post by The_Scratch »

I personally consider Bark At The Moon the 2nd best and quintessential Ozzy track after Crazy Train.
However I think the album was horrible.
The lyrics and songwriting are cheesy beyond description... B-Grade metal at best.

The Ultimate Sin has 7 out of 9 solid tracks on it.
Shot In The Dark, Thank God For The Bomb, The Ultimate Sin, Secret Loser are all great tracks.... but Killer Of Giants is the standout on the album.
The weak tracks for me are "Never" and "Never Know Why" which sounds like a corny wannabe rock anthem produced by Sylvester Stallone.
Other than those two tracks... great album, great songs, great production, great solos, great album cover, great videos, ... reallr, really horrible hair.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I wonder if 'The Ulitimate Sin' sounds so good to us because it is the second version of the album? the first was rejected by the record company.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
RRFan4Ever
Madman

Post by RRFan4Ever »

lol

I enjoyed Jake's contributions in Ozzy's career, minus So Tired- never been into ballads though. I don't know how it works that by singing the praise of one musician, naturally one must bash others. Either someone is out to plain shit on someone, or someone assumes that there is a rivalry thing going on (which would be odd in this particular case!) but at any rate, I dig Zakk's playing equally! The 1st time I saw him play with Ozzy was on the "No More Tours" tour- and I was impressed with his performance and the presence he had onstage:) But back to topic-

I personally consider BATM (the song itself) as one of Ozzy's best- it comes out of the speakers and kicks the listener's ass.

And I like his hair, too!
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

The_Scratch wrote:However I think the album was horrible. The lyrics and songwriting are cheesy beyond description... B-Grade metal at best.

I agree 100%... I saw Ozzy on this tour and loved the show, but always hated the record. Bark at the Moon & Rock & Roll Rebel are the only tracks I like... and Rebel sounds better now that I sped it up with Adobe Audition, originally it was too slow, in my opinion.