Jake E. Lee was the one

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
zmack mylde wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote: Hmmmm you said not that poser as opposed to not a poser... interesting...
what's interesting? the fact that zakk is a poser? a guy from new jersey pretending he is from the south.
What's interesting is that YOU are a poser, dork. You pose as someone with a clue about guitar playing when, in reality, you are just an opinionated jerk who likes to talk shit.

I aint the childish mutha fuka who is resorting to insults now , am I.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Dude, I've been insulting you all along, just as you've been insulting Zakk Wylde.

I made it clear that I am not a fan of Zakk but if you are going to be negative, do it in a mature manner and explain your reasoning. Your opinion that he is a poser is not much of a valid reason for saying he's no good as a player.

Saying he plays too many notes, rarely slows down and relies too heavily on pinch harmonics is much closer to a reasonable reason to not like his playing. Not everyone will agree that he does any of those things, but they are grounds for discussing the subject.

And by the way, tough guy, "mutha" and "fuka" aren't words in the English language. So if you want want to talk shit to me, use real words.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Darin, I hope you're Snoop Dogg, or else you're being a poser and you're gonna have Mylde alls up in yo biznass.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Paul Wolfe wrote:Dude, I've been insulting you all along, just as you've been insulting Zakk Wylde.

I made it clear that I am not a fan of Zakk but if you are going to be negative, do it in a mature manner and explain your reasoning. Your opinion that he is a poser is not much of a valid reason for saying he's no good as a player.

Saying he plays too many notes, rarely slows down and relies too heavily on pinch harmonics is much closer to a reasonable reason to not like his playing. Not everyone will agree that he does any of those things, but they are grounds for discussing the subject.

And by the way, tough guy, "mutha" and "fuka" aren't words in the English language. So if you want want to talk shit to me, use real words.
If you are going to resort to being ignorant than you can go find the nearest river and jump in it. I aint on here for childish name calling.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

cableguyxx wrote:fo shizzle my nizzle :lol:
Skully wrote:Darin, I hope you're Snoop Dogg, or else you're being a poser and you're gonna have Mylde alls up in yo biznass.
hahaha :lol:
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

zmack mylde wrote:
If you are going to resort to being ignorant than you can go find the nearest river and jump in it. I aint on here for childish name calling.
Ignorant?

You are here for childish name calling. You call Zakk a poser - that's childish and it's name calling.

I was trying to make a point, do you get it yet? I offended you when I called you a dork and insinuated you have no clue how to spell. You offend all of us when you ramble on about your feelings for Zakk Wylde. SO, if you can't take the heat...
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Paul Wolfe wrote:That's exactly right, Darin. Unless he'll play Demon Alcohol note-for-note on a Zakk Wylde Epi while wearing pajamas made out of a Confederate flag... then I'd know that only Zakk is a poser :roll:
I do that in my bedroom all the time! although I never wear pajamas :shock: not a pretty image to get stuck in your head is it? :oops:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

:shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
zmack mylde wrote: Are you freakin kidding me? The Zakk Wylde/Ozzy albums are the worse ones in Ozzy's history.
I agree with Darin... Jake's records have a couple good songs and lots of blandness. Find a copy of the US Festival show and you'll see that even Ozzy didn't have much confidence in Jake. It was the show that introduced Jake to the world and it's almost impossible to hear Jake under all the keyboards.

Your opinion says Jake is better. Quit bashing Zakk, he's done some good stuff, too.
So true.

I prefer Zakk's early works from NRFTW and NMT over anything he's done today, although I gotta admit "I don't Wanna Stop" is getting kinda catchy. However, although Zakk's "penatonic scales on steroids and beer" have gotten old, I'm sure you can't play a goddamn thing like Zakk can, Mr. Mylde.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

He's better tahn faggot ass Zakk
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

whoopiecat wrote:I'm somewhat biased here, but the two albums he did with Blizzard, and his four following solo efforts all have one constant in them, and that's the lyrics, songwriting and bass playing of Bob Daisley.
On BOO, Diary, BATM & NRFTTW, he contributed all of his talents to, US was lyrics and music only, NMT was performance only.
The man has been an influence on my playing since 1980. When I discovered later on that he wrote all the lyrics as well as having a big part in the songwriting, it respected him more.
I feel even in bass guitar circles, he is underrated. Which is weird when you consider the guitarists he's played and recorded with:
Ritchie Blackmore
Randy Rhoads
Mick Box
Gary Moore
Jake E Lee
Tony Iommi
Yngwie Malmsteen
Jeff Watson
Warren DiMartini
Steve Vai (allegedly they worked together on the shelved XRay album)
Steve Morse
I'm sure I'm leaving a few out, but you get the picture.
His standouts will always be Blizzard and Diary, just for the interplay he and Rhoads shared, and he and Kerslake shared, and the way his lyrical basslines were an excellent link between the two.
But getting back on topic, I thought his work on BATM was great, US faltered due to the fragile relationship he and Oz had at that point. No disrespect to Soussan, but I feel it would have been a stronger album had he played on it, as well as been involved with the recording process. I remember the story of the first time Bob and Randy played together, they said to eachother, simotaneously: "I like the way you play.", I wonder how Jake felt playing with Bob.
US certainly did have some bland moments, but I thought BATM was great from beginning to end.
Yeah, "So Tired" too!
The two with Zakk were a return to form. It's funny, the sound that Ozzy's albums have become known for has been defined by Bob.
So many fans sing along to the lyrics, thinking they were written by Ozzy.
I relaize many other musicians and other talents have contributed to everything recorded by Ozzy since he started his career, but Daisley's work may measure the greatest.
It's also a pity that the Osbournes choose to ignore him, seeing how he helped lay the foundation of what is now akin to a large corporation.

W.
I hate to say it, but I doubt ANYONE really buys an Ozzy album for the lyrics. I think it's wrong that Bob got screwed out of money that was rightfully his, but calling the lyrics he wrote as great? Nuh uh, in my opinion.
"You'll never know why we rock!"
"I'm a rock n roll rebel!"
"You can't kill rock n roll!"
Poetry? Nope.
I don't know, but I just found all those 80s lyrics very...80s and idiotic. The Ozzy now and Ozzy from the 90s is a step up I think, in the lyrical department, although still not really amazing.
I for one have bought Ozzy albums because I like his melodies and his voice and the guitar playing. I didn't even really care for the drums till Randy Castillo came on board.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Well, I guess he was alright. No Geezer Butler, that's for sure (who also wrote better lyrics in my opinion.). I for one cannot stand the bassline to Crazy Train. The one in Believer is pretty awesome. But in all truthfulness, like I said earlier, I primarily listen and still listen to Ozzy albums for the guitar and Ozzy and perhaps the drums. The bass on those records, and most other rock n roll albums really get over looked. I've just never been a big bass person.

Now, I want to affirm the fact that I think it's awful that Bob and Lee get ripped off. I think they should be given what is due to them, that's for sure. It's just that most of the time when I say that I didn't actually really care too much for Bob's bass playing or lyrics, people but me on the chopping block as an OzzyFanIdiot, when in reality, Bob's lyrics and playing don't do much for me. I think Ozzy would have probably made it without Bob and Lee, but he def. needed Randy. People always bring up that Bob wrote the lyrics to those early albums and so much of Ozzy's success rode on Bob's talents...I'm sorry, but I can't agree. All Ozzy had to do was get a news paper, and sing the articles. Ozzy just has the following to sell records, with or without Bob. So many artists from well established, wildly popular bands have gone solo with the BEST musicians backing them and they got nowhere...at least nowhere compared to Ozzy...take Mick Jagger, or DLR, or Robert Plant...

Just my 2 cents.

And no worries man, I hope I don't ruffle your feathers as you certainly aren't ruffling mine. ;) It feels nice to come to a forum where you can voice totally opposing opinions and not be called out as a bitch or whatever. :)
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Sistah, not brotha. ;) :lol:
See ya round.
zmack mylde
Cool Member

Post by zmack mylde »

Bring back Jake