What the hell is this???

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

ive heard it was called "forever" on the us release and "centre of eternity" on the uk release also the two lp's had subtley different artwork and one of the songs on the album was different i think spiders sneeked on to one of the releases and slow down got the chop
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

Trigger wrote:
therhoadlesstraveled wrote:so , i have the live salt lake city dvd from '84, so this was kinda new to me. but pretty damn interesting. i assume since they called the song "forever" this was done in the UK? and i'm curious if there are any other videos from that concert.

and yeah, that solo can't stand up anywhere near to tommy's solo.
That Youtube video was from the Dortmund festival, West Germany in December 1983, The song title 'Forever' was used on the 'Bark at the Moon' album but for some reason Ozzy called it 'Journey to the centre of eterninty' at most of the live shows :? I think a case of too many drugs not enough brain cells!

They aired about 6 tracks from the Dortmund show on German TV as well as releasing the entire Salt Lake city show from 84 on video.
Cool. Thanks! I'll check that out and see if there's more on YT from that show. Maybe post them here.

Yeah, and you're right, rice_pudding. I've owned both copies of bark at the moon, pretty ridiculous if you ask me, i think Slow Down is a better song than Spiders.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

therhoadlesstraveled wrote:
Trigger wrote:
therhoadlesstraveled wrote:so , i have the live salt lake city dvd from '84, so this was kinda new to me. but pretty damn interesting. i assume since they called the song "forever" this was done in the UK? and i'm curious if there are any other videos from that concert.

and yeah, that solo can't stand up anywhere near to tommy's solo.
That Youtube video was from the Dortmund festival, West Germany in December 1983, The song title 'Forever' was used on the 'Bark at the Moon' album but for some reason Ozzy called it 'Journey to the centre of eterninty' at most of the live shows :? I think a case of too many drugs not enough brain cells!

They aired about 6 tracks from the Dortmund show on German TV as well as releasing the entire Salt Lake city show from 84 on video.
Cool. Thanks! I'll check that out and see if there's more on YT from that show. Maybe post them here.

Yeah, and you're right, rice_pudding. I've owned both copies of bark at the moon, pretty ridiculous if you ask me, i think Slow Down is a better song than Spiders.
thank the lord my memory has worked for once. I was wondering if i was gonna get served some factual pain :twisted:

about the artwork, i've heard the ozzy logo is a different colour on the different releases damned if i understand that :(
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

rice_pudding wrote:
therhoadlesstraveled wrote:
Trigger wrote: That Youtube video was from the Dortmund festival, West Germany in December 1983, The song title 'Forever' was used on the 'Bark at the Moon' album but for some reason Ozzy called it 'Journey to the centre of eterninty' at most of the live shows :? I think a case of too many drugs not enough brain cells!

thank the lord my memory has worked for once. I was wondering if i was gonna get served some factual pain :twisted:

about the artwork, i've heard the ozzy logo is a different colour on the different releases damned if i understand that :(
Yeah, I'd describe the US version as red/yellow and fuzzy. The UK version is blue/yellow and fuzzy. And I think they're also in opposite corners.
Snowy

Post by Snowy »

rice_pudding wrote:
skezza wrote:when played live its awesome. the tempo really gets your head spinning. in the studio i find it lacking energy.
speaking of mad solos, i've heard an uber crazy version of Bark played live. The tempo is notched up from about 140bpm (or whatever it is in the studio) to about 170bpm. Its utterly mad, so mad its stupid :wink:

the thing is Jake set the pace for that performance playing the opening riff before the rest of the band come in, what was he thinking :lol: .

the song was played as an encore i think, so my guess is jake really, really needed to use the bathroom.
Muahahaha. That totally cracked me up. Luv your sense of humour!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Snowy wrote:
rice_pudding wrote:
skezza wrote:when played live its awesome. the tempo really gets your head spinning. in the studio i find it lacking energy.
speaking of mad solos, i've heard an uber crazy version of Bark played live. The tempo is notched up from about 140bpm (or whatever it is in the studio) to about 170bpm. Its utterly mad, so mad its stupid :wink:

the thing is Jake set the pace for that performance playing the opening riff before the rest of the band come in, what was he thinking :lol: .

the song was played as an encore i think, so my guess is jake really, really needed to use the bathroom.
Muahahaha. That totally cracked me up. Luv your sense of humour!
i try my best :D

welcome to the site by the way 8)