therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

What the hell is this???

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Wow, I totally forgot how tragic Ozzy looked in 1983.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Yeah, he didn't look too hot in 1984 either...
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Can't give him too much crap though. No one looked good in the 80s really. :lol: Ozzy looks 293845798 times better now than he did in the 80s.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

ahh, Forever/Centre of Eternity, when played live is one of my favourite tunes. I am not the biggest fan of the studio version 8)
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

that solo is really mad ... beyond mad :twisted:
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

when played live its awesome. the tempo really gets your head spinning. in the studio i find it lacking energy.
Alex
Mass Poster

Post by Alex »

xx123456
Last edited by Alex on Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Yeah, seriously. Everytime Ozzy wore that suit, a kitten died, I swear.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

skezza wrote:when played live its awesome. the tempo really gets your head spinning. in the studio i find it lacking energy.
speaking of mad solos, i've heard an uber crazy version of Bark played live. The tempo is notched up from about 140bpm (or whatever it is in the studio) to about 170bpm. Its utterly mad, so mad its stupid :wink:

the thing is Jake set the pace for that performance playing the opening riff before the rest of the band come in, what was he thinking :lol: .

the song was played as an encore i think, so my guess is jake really, really needed to use the bathroom.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

skezza wrote:ahh, Forever/Centre of Eternity, when played live is one of my favourite tunes. I am not the biggest fan of the studio version 8)
This was only spoiled by the most boring and nancy drum solo ever played! :( at least Ozzy realised the error of his way a few months later and re-employed Tommy Aldridge 8) who played a lovely solo :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

Trigger wrote:
skezza wrote:ahh, Forever/Centre of Eternity, when played live is one of my favourite tunes. I am not the biggest fan of the studio version 8)
This was only spoiled by the most boring and nancy drum solo ever played! :( at least Ozzy realised the error of his way a few months later and re-employed Tommy Aldridge 8) who played a lovely solo :lol:
i kind of wonder why Tommy Aldridge came back. he was only out of the band for about 6 months or something when he re-joined the band, obviously not one to hold a grudge. the same could be said of Mr. Daisley
therhoadlesstraveled
Cool Member

Post by therhoadlesstraveled »

so , i have the live salt lake city dvd from '84, so this was kinda new to me. but pretty damn interesting. i assume since they called the song "forever" this was done in the UK? and i'm curious if there are any other videos from that concert.

and yeah, that solo can't stand up anywhere near to tommy's solo.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

therhoadlesstraveled wrote:so , i have the live salt lake city dvd from '84, so this was kinda new to me. but pretty damn interesting. i assume since they called the song "forever" this was done in the UK? and i'm curious if there are any other videos from that concert.

and yeah, that solo can't stand up anywhere near to tommy's solo.
That Youtube video was from the Dortmund festival, West Germany in December 1983, The song title 'Forever' was used on the 'Bark at the Moon' album but for some reason Ozzy called it 'Journey to the centre of eterninty' at most of the live shows :? I think a case of too many drugs not enough brain cells!

They aired about 6 tracks from the Dortmund show on German TV as well as releasing the entire Salt Lake city show from 84 on video.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.