It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:46 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Has anybody here met Jake E Lee?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:15 pm 
Cool Member

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:21 pm
Posts: 230
I wondered if any of you have ever met him?

_________________
Randy rocked


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:03 am 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:15 am
Posts: 187
Location: San Luis Rey, California U.S.A.
:D Never met him face to face, but speak frequently via e-mail. Very nice guy, down to earth, modest and has a great sense of humor! It's an honor to know him. He's also one of my all time fave guitarists. :D

_________________
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:13 am 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:46 pm
Posts: 182
Location: Dallas, TX
deansolo wrote:
:D Never met him face to face, but speak frequently via e-mail. Very nice guy, down to earth, modest and has a great sense of humor! It's an honor to know him. He's also one of my all time fave guitarists. :D


I've always heard he was an asshole..But I guess you never know until you talk to him yourself


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:10 pm
Posts: 1895
Location: England
deansolo wrote:
:D Never met him face to face, but speak frequently via e-mail. Very nice guy, down to earth, modest and has a great sense of humor! It's an honor to know him. He's also one of my all time fave guitarists. :D
get him sign up to here :roll:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:23 pm
Posts: 4720
Location: U.S.E.
SixPounder wrote:
I've always heard he was an asshole..But I guess you never know until you talk to him yourself


I met him and he was a really nice man :) when I have a bit more time I will tell you all about it. He wasn't an asshole he had time to talk and was very modest. 8)

_________________
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:21 am 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:15 am
Posts: 187
Location: San Luis Rey, California U.S.A.
skezza wrote:
deansolo wrote:
:D Never met him face to face, but speak frequently via e-mail. Very nice guy, down to earth, modest and has a great sense of humor! It's an honor to know him. He's also one of my all time fave guitarists. :D
get him sign up to here :roll:


Yeah, Right! :D I wish. He's very low key. i don't think he's into the rockstar thing anymore,... He kind of shruggs it off and refers to himself as "Da Oge" (Old guitar playin' effluvium). He seems to do what he wants, when he wants...and I don't think wild horses could drag him into any forum.

would be cool though to have him be more communicative.

_________________
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:13 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:29 am
Posts: 2079
Location: Sweden
you know if he checks out the jakelee.com forum ? :D


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:54 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:15 am
Posts: 187
Location: San Luis Rey, California U.S.A.
Stiltzkin wrote:
you know if he checks out the jakelee.com forum ? :D


Dude, I bet he does, even though I don't know for sure. The fact he mentioned them on his most recent album is indication that he is aware of the site. He does surf the web. He told me he frequently visits my website looking for 'new toys to sink his teeth into' and commented about the lack of updates! LOL!!

So, yeah, I think he visits the site.

_________________
Cat's-Eye pedals now available at Vintage and Rare Guitars, London and Bath, United Kingdom

"Have you hugged your Cat's-Eye pedal today?"

www.cats-eyeesp.com
www.myspace.com/catseyeesp


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:37 pm 
Cool Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:43 pm
Posts: 272
Location: United States of America
Dean...Trigger...Great stories. I was lucky enough to see Jake E. Lee during Ozzy's "Bark At the Moon" tour in '84. I really, really liked his playing as well as his aggressive stage presence. Jake was far and away my favorite of Osbourne's guitarists after Randy.....as well as "Bark at the Moon" being third in line behind "Blizzard of Ozz" and "Diary of a Madman". Simply an outstanding musician..... 8)

_________________
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:58 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 3600
Location: Gotham City
Jake is for sure a great player! Amazing technique. But I never liked his guitarsound. One of my favorites with Jake & Ozzy is "Rockn'roll Rebel". Great song! Don't know his Badlands stuff. More bluesy I heard.

_________________
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:14 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:29 am
Posts: 2079
Location: Sweden
what is it about the sound you don't like ?!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:17 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 3600
Location: Gotham City
Stiltzkin wrote:
what is it about the sound you don't like ?!

It's too thin for my taste. (I refer to his sound when he was with Ozzy)

_________________
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:23 pm
Posts: 4720
Location: U.S.E.
Back in 1986 I was outside the De Montfort Hall Leicester Ozzy was playing that night. I saw Ozzy get off the bus followed by the band minus Jake! I waited and 5 minutes later off got Jake looking very sad I said hi and he asked how I was and if I was going to be at the show that night after a short chat he walked into the venue.

That night I was at the show it was great! :D After the show we walked home and decided to stop at a local Hotel to get a drink. we walked in and were told we couldn't use the bar as it was closed for a private function :roll: , we were about to leave and from out of nowhere Jake wandered over and started to chat with us :shock: . I can’t remember exactly what we talked about I know we told him how great the show was. And I remember he said or implied that things were not that happy in the band. I remember that in the bar you could see the band all having fun. But Jake seemed completely isolated from them and looked very unhappy :cry: . He was a very nice guy and had lots of time for us 8) .

T

_________________
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:07 pm 
Moderator
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:03 pm
Posts: 3600
Location: Gotham City
Trigger wrote:
Back in 1986 I was outside the De Montfort Hall Leicester Ozzy was playing that night. I saw Ozzy get off the bus followed by the band minus Jake! I waited and 5 minutes later off got Jake looking very sad I said hi and he asked how I was and if I was going to be at the show that night after a short chat he walked into the venue.

That night I was at the show it was great! :D After the show we walked home and decided to stop at a local Hotel to get a drink. we walked in and were told we couldn't use the bar as it was closed for a private function :roll: , we were about to leave and from out of nowhere Jake wandered over and started to chat with us :shock: . I can’t remember exactly what we talked about I know we told him how great the show was. And I remember he said or implied that things were not that happy in the band. I remember that in the bar you could see the band all having fun. But Jake seemed completely isolated from them and looked very unhappy :cry: . He was a very nice guy and had lots of time for us 8) .

T

Great story thanks! Jake was a good guy! :D
I can imagine that it can be pretty tough if you are touring and have to go up on stage every night while you are not on great terms anymore. Must have felt awful..... :( It looks like the same thing happened to him as with Randy, I remember Kelly Garni once said that Randy was very isolated as well......

_________________
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:30 pm 
Cool Member

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:21 pm
Posts: 230
Flying Dutchman wrote:

Great story thanks! Jake was a good guy! :D
I can imagine that it can be pretty tough if you are touring and have to go up on stage every night while you are not on great terms anymore. Must have felt awful..... :( It looks like the same thing happened to him as with Randy, I remember Kelly Garni once said that Randy was very isolated as well......[/quote]

Perhaps Ozzy never realised when he had real talent in his band.

_________________
Randy rocked


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
twilightBB Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net