Bark at the moon

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Jake66

Bark at the moon

Post by Jake66 »

I've just had "Bark at the moon" on in my car for the week and i'd forgotten how good it was/is. I hadn't played it all the way through for a couple of years and what a great album. "you're no different" sent shivers down my spine (again) and "Rock 'n' roll rebel", "Forever", "Slow down" etc.. even my nearly six year old son thought it was great (turn it up daddy). Don't play one of your favourite records for a while,then do!! i recommend it. Superb. :D
rockermel
Cool Member

Post by rockermel »

Yes,I really like this CD,too~Rock n' Roll Rebel is such an awesome song!
8) Take care & have a great day!
goodbye to all the best
I guess that we'll meet
we'll meet in the end
[img]http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p34/Melly66/1294-oz-blizzard-ran-0000.jpg[/img]
Jake_E_Lee
Cool Member

Post by Jake_E_Lee »

My opinion on the latest remasters is low, but the original vinyls and CD's are good and you get a real feel for the tracks.
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Hey there, let you guys know I havent heard this album for years so it will be interesting if it still holds same appeal as it did ages back. Let you know soon. Damn though, my Ultimate Sin is nowhere to be found. Which album did you prefer out of these 2?
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I personally think both are great albums, its hard to distinguish between each. I think Ultimate Sin is a great album. Jakes tone is spot on. But i still love bark at the moon, so i'm not sure. what about you?
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

as a studio album, I like TUS better,
but when it comes to live ... I prefer Jakes
BATM(SLC '84 concert) tone to the one on TUO 8)

the only one I've heard being close to nail the
BATM solo is Joe Holmes :shock: but he make it sound
slow :roll: ... and no one has mastered the full outrosolo
except Jake himself :D
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Stiltzkin wrote:and no one has mastered the full outrosolo
except Jake himself :D
That's very true! There is only one JAKE ! 8)
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

I prefer the Ultimate sin, i think the songs are better, i like all of the Ultimate Sin but a few on Bark at the moon i could go without hearing too many times.
dogfall

Post by dogfall »

I seen both bark at the moon knoxville and ultimate sin Johnson city Metalica opened in JC Master of Puppets tour they had to stop the show fans brok down the baracade.
LoVe Life
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Hmmmm. still havent had time to catch up, hopefully this weekend. My guess is TUS is gonna have the edge, but sonically Bark live way wasted TUS era. As mentioned, that SLS concert is still so easy to watch, where TUS vid was so disapointing in comparison. Im getting this is how the majority of Jake fans feel. Thanks for the replies guys :)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think 'Ultimate sin' is a better album than 'Bark at the Moon' but the 'Bark' live tour was much better than the 'Ultimate sin' tour.
The band on the 1983/85 'Bark at the moon' tour was amazing, I saw them 3 times on both tours but the Donington park 84 show with Tommy, Jake, Don & Bob was sheer musical brilliance 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

No matter how much I try to like Bark at the Moon, every time I listen to it, I only like Rock and Roll Rebel and Bark...
Jake66

Post by Jake66 »

I agree with you on the Donington one Trigger, i was there that day and Ozzy and co blew everyone away that day, Van Halen, AC/DC included. They were untouchable that day. 8)
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Trigger wrote: I saw them 3 times on both tours but the Donington park 84 show with Tommy, Jake, Don & Bob was sheer musical brilliance 8)
I'm jealous Trigger. I saw the band in Sheffield in November '83 on the Bark tour which I loved, but missed them at Donington in Aug '84. Would loved to have been there, I've heard so many times how great that concert was, even from non Ozzy/Jake fans. Saw the band again in Manchester in Feb '86 which was great, and Donington Aug '86 which was dissapointing to be honest. Ozzy reminded me of a fat drag queen.