Bark at the moon

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Stevie

Post by Stevie »

So true, his Gary Glitter stage!! Im so glad they recorded the Bark tour for video, I never tire of it, a great band lineup fersher :)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Fozzy41 wrote:
Trigger wrote: I saw them 3 times on both tours but the Donington park 84 show with Tommy, Jake, Don & Bob was sheer musical brilliance 8)
I'm jealous Trigger. I saw the band in Sheffield in November '83 on the Bark tour which I loved, but missed them at Donington in Aug '84. Would loved to have been there, I've heard so many times how great that concert was, even from non Ozzy/Jake fans. Saw the band again in Manchester in Feb '86 which was great, and Donington Aug '86 which was dissapointing to be honest. Ozzy reminded me of a fat drag queen.
I read Ozzy once say that the Donington 1984 show was his favorite solo show. It is easy to see why! it must have been his biggest home audience show ever, he got a platinum disc on stage and the band was at its very best.
I have the Manchester 86 and the Sheffield 86 gigs in my collection and both of those shows were good as well.
The 1986 donington set had nothing on the 84 show and looking back it should have been better, large set, huge tour and mega selling album. But I think that the live band had nothing on the earlier Ozzy bands.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

[quote="The 1986 donington set had nothing on the 84 show and looking back it should have been better, large set, huge tour and mega selling album. But I think that the live band had nothing on the earlier Ozzy bands.[/quote]

Yeah, I remember been really dissapointed, especially after hearing all the hype about the Donington show in '84, I was expecting great things. Don't get me wrong, it was OK but not as good as I was hoping. The set-list was even shorter than on the tour, at the Manchester date I was at they played Over the Mountain, love that song,( wish they still had it in the set. ) Earlier in the year on the UK Tour the band were far better, I think as the tour went on more keyboards were introduced to fill out the sound more but I thought they sounded too polished, the keyboard sometimes drownded out Jake's playing. As for Ozzy, I thought he was a lot better a couple of years later in '88 when he returned with Zakk Wylde and they toured the UK playing smaller venues, I thought that tour was great, fantastic memories.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Fozzy41 wrote:[quote="The 1986 donington set had nothing on the 84 show and looking back it should have been better, large set, huge tour and mega selling album. But I think that the live band had nothing on the earlier Ozzy bands.
Yeah, I remember been really dissapointed, especially after hearing all the hype about the Donington show in '84, I was expecting great things. Don't get me wrong, it was OK but not as good as I was hoping. The set-list was even shorter than on the tour, at the Manchester date I was at they played Over the Mountain, love that song,( wish they still had it in the set. ) Earlier in the year on the UK Tour the band were far better, I think as the tour went on more keyboards were introduced to fill out the sound more but I thought they sounded too polished, the keyboard sometimes drownded out Jake's playing. As for Ozzy, I thought he was a lot better a couple of years later in '88 when he returned with Zakk Wylde and they toured the UK playing smaller venues, I thought that tour was great, fantastic memories.[/quote]

The 88 club dates were good shows, I (Like you) love 'Over the Mountain' and was delighted that it was added for the Donington 84 set.
At the 86 Manchester show they also played 'Never' which was dropped from the set a few gigs later and replaced with 'Thank god for the bomb', I think 'Never' was a better song in that 1986 set list.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

I'm going to have to go find my copy of the Live Bark DVD, you guys have me curious now.

I don't remember much about that show as far as Jake and Ozzy are concerned, I was on Bob Daisley's side of the stage watching him. Just before the stage lights came up I leaned over the balcony and could see the band ready to hit the stage, so I yelled out, "Bob Daisley kicks ass!" He gave me a big "thumbs up" and played to that side of the stage a lot during the show.

Now I'll have to watch the DVD and pay attention to Jake and Ozzy...
Stevie

Post by Stevie »

Fozzy41 wrote:"I think as the tour went on more keyboards were introduced to fill out the sound more but I thought they sounded too polished, the keyboard sometimes drownded out Jake's playing.
Yep, that certainly did happen, and it totally sucked, why the earlier Bark performances rocked so much more, even with Jake's awful thin sound. I cant even listen to TUS live anymore, the mix is beyond a joke. I always wondered how the Bark band sounded live in person though.
fenixdoido

Post by fenixdoido »

This is the best with Jake in my opinion.
RushIsABand

Post by RushIsABand »

Definately my favorite Ozzy album w/out RR. The title song is amazing.