Jake....

Talk about Jake E Lee here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

mikegladsz

Jake....

Post by mikegladsz »

For me was a masterclass of guitar. Along with Randy, he by far excelled Ozzy's current guitarist and many of the previous ones. I have always had this thought in my head, do the world a favour Jake and reunite with ozzy. Help ozzys album become something worth listening to, not just a load of Drop B/C/D tuning crap like Metallica are putting out at the moment!
If Randy had of lived, we would be saying Eddie Van Halen who? - Alex Skolnick
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Well I am not sure if you are aware of this but Ozzy asked Jake to re-join the band in the late 1990's and Jake refused. I feel that Jake has become an enigma a man who from such a high forced a semi hermet status on himself.
I met Jake when he was playing for Ozzy and he was a really lovely man, and like Randy he was humble and just how we would wish our hero's to be when we meet them.

Jakes choice was to go underground and that is a huge loss to the the world of music, when I saw a recent picture of him I couldn't believe how he had aged. Jake was a great guitarist although I am a huge fan of Brads work with Ozzy......one thing I have noticed is that Brad looks even younger now than he did back in those sad months in 1982 when he replaced the late great Randy Rhoads.

Long live Jake :)

T
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
RhoadsFan

Post by RhoadsFan »

wow I didnt realise Jake got offered to play for Ozzy again and refused. wowww. thats crazy. playing with ozzy is like the most coveted rock position ever...I wonder why he really refused?