Ozzy's voice

Talk about Brad Gillis here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

wyldeman

Ozzy's voice

Post by wyldeman »

I think Ozzy's voice sounded nearly the best in the Brad Gillis Era...anyone agree?
Rhoads4ever

Post by Rhoads4ever »

Can't say I was a fan of Ozzy's voice in isolation ever lol . BUT the Sabs were an awesome band ( were i said ) and for me as a Collective effort that first Blizzard Of Ozz album is surely one of the best rock albums ever IMO . No doubt helped in great part by our man Randy ;-)
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I think during his time with Brad and later during the 'No more tours' tour he was great.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

Trigger wrote:I think during his time with Brad and later during the 'No more tours' tour he was great.
In 1982 he was pretty good.
Randy rocked
polka

Post by polka »

wasn't he alot better in the blizzard tour?
kisag
wyldeman

Post by wyldeman »

polka wrote:wasn't he alot better in the blizzard tour?
I don't know... I think it was a great era then too, but theres something about his voice, its doubled...and everything is laid out perfect.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

wyldeman wrote:
polka wrote:wasn't he alot better in the blizzard tour?
I don't know... I think it was a great era then too, but theres something about his voice, its doubled...and everything is laid out perfect.
I think he was a bit more considered after March 1982 and he seemed to have been shocked into working harder on his voice. After that period he seemed to slump back into drugs and booze and loose his touch again :?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

i like his 80's voice more than his Sabbath voice or
his 2000-voice (Budokan).

Guitars are great though :D
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

I think his voice stands up pretty well considering the amount of abuse its taken over the years, although I thought Ozzy sounded his best in 1980/81. Ozzy's voice is very unprdictable these days whereas in the old days it was good most of the time. I saw him with Sabbath last year at Donington Park and he sounded great, yet on the U.S. Ozzfest a few weeks later I heard his voice pretty much went alltogether. Whatever he sounds like I still enjoy listening to him.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Ozzy Was In A Zone Then

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Yes, Ozzy's voice sounded probably the best during that era. He can still bring it when it is necessary I think...
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Fozzy41 wrote:I thought Ozzy sounded his best in 1980/81.
Me too, I just listened to "Day on the green" and noticed that Ozzy's voice was in great shape in that period 80/81.
During '82 Diary his singing was not that good anymore, same with Randy's playing & guitar sound. (imo) Coincidence?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

ive always debated whether his best voice was on Changes by Black Sabbath, but i guess for me 80 was a great period!
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

just heard ultimate sin again, very impressed then too!
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

skezza wrote:just heard ultimate sin again, very impressed then too!
He was really different on that one. Not bad, but different. I think he sounds really great on Solitude.
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

still gotta say the sabbath years were the best in my books though :(