Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

seide

Post by seide »

I sounds great on the ultimate sin
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

seide wrote:I sounds great on the ultimate sin
Yeah, but even my voice could be made to sound good in the proper studio :shock:
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

skezza wrote:still gotta say the sabbath years were the best in my books though :(
I gotta agree. Well, maybe not "best" but favorite is more like it. I have the bootleg from the Cal Jam. Man oh man was Ozzy on FIRE that day. He sounded friggin' awesome. I don't like how he did his vocals on either of the Randy albums. I liked how he sounded live in 80 and 81 and then 88 and 89. I didn't care at all for his pop vocals in the studio or live in the mid 80s. I think his voice changed drastically in the 90s. It went deeper, but still good. I think Ozzy as of right now is pretty sketchy. He has good nights, mediocre nights, and crappy nights. I've seen him 8 times and he's only sounded absolutely horrific on two occasions.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Skully wrote: I've seen him 8 times and he's only sounded absolutely horrific on two occasions.
I have seen Ozzy about 30 times in total but I think you will agree, going to see Ozzy is nothing to do with Ozzy's voice, at the show you get a great vibe going around. 8) I have never liked amazing singers they always seem caught up in themselves, but Ozzy is raw and working class and we can relate to it. He is like one of us, the only difference was he got lucky!
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Uh, I don't know if I CAN agree. :lol: I for one have always thought Ozzy had at least a good voice. I think for at least a few years (namely 71-76) Ozzy had an AMAZING voice. Not so much anymore, but I heard Ozzy before I ever saw him and that was the primary reason I got into him.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Skully wrote:Uh, I don't know if I CAN agree. :lol: I for one have always thought Ozzy had at least a good voice. I think for at least a few years (namely 71-76) Ozzy had an AMAZING voice. Not so much anymore, but I heard Ozzy before I ever saw him and that was the primary reason I got into him.
First time I heard Ozzy was the Mr Crowley EP then I got 'Diary of a madman' and I was hooked!, since then I have kept my oppinion, Ozzy is worth listening too because his bands are always so great. The band always brings the best out in his limitations and when he is live something else is thrown into the mix as well 8)

It took me years to get into Sabbath mainley because I loved the guitar solo's in his non 'Sabbath' music. However now I love the power that ;Sabbath' have in those huge riffs. Tony Iommi is the king of riffs.

When Randy came along he set Ozzy on fire and those first 2 albums are imho 2 of the greatest rock alums ever written.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

Yeah, for me it was the other way around. I loved Sabbath way before I liked Ozzy's solo stuff at all. I remember hearing Crazy Train for the first time and not liking it. :lol:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Skully wrote:Yeah, for me it was the other way around. I loved Sabbath way before I liked Ozzy's solo stuff at all. I remember hearing Crazy Train for the first time and not liking it. :lol:
I heard 'Diary of a madman' first then about 3 months later 'Blizzard of Ozz', it took a while for 'Blizzard' to grow on me! :? I still enjoy 'Diary more though.
Which Sabbath album do you like most?
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
rice_pudding
Mass Poster

Post by rice_pudding »

i think ozzy sounds amazing on speak of the devil.

most importantly; he nails sabbath bloody sabbath. thats the only live perfomance of that song i've heard sung right. i've heard maiden cover that song and not even bruce could do it.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

whoopiecat wrote:I've gotta go with Sabotage from Sabbath, (Megalomania and The Writ are standouts from what I feel is an underrated album.)
Diary is always gonna be my favorite of the two from Blizzard of Oz. I always wonder what this album would have sounded like, had they had the time.
I still chuckle at the fact that this album was rushed. An onslaught of true beauty.

W.
I love 'The writ' I enjoy it more knowing the story behind it, I also have a liking for 'Technical Ecstasy' I think that has some beautiful vocals on it.
I also wonder what could have been improved about 'Diary'? how can perfection be made better! :?
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

I like Hole in the Sky. I think Sabotage was a bit sort of, umm, how shall we put it, really a Tony Iommi album, not a Black Sabbath album. It was a bit overproduced but Ozzy's voice does sound good.
NicDots
Mass Poster

Post by NicDots »

My favorite Sabbath album has to be Vol 4. God, I love every single second of that entire record. It's a masterpiece!
michaelstone1981

Re: Ozzy's voice

Post by michaelstone1981 »

My favorite Sabbath record is "Sabotage" I think Ozzy's vocals just sound great on that album. He definately got up into a new register on that album. The first solo album I heard was "Diary" and it's still my favorite. I love "Blizzard" to death, but I think there's a couple of clunkers on there. I'm not a big fan of No Bone Movies or (Steal Away) The Night, but I can listen to Diary all day, every day... front to back.
axeman_12656
Mass Poster

Re:

Post by axeman_12656 »

NicDots wrote: I have the bootleg from the Cal Jam. Man oh man was Ozzy on FIRE that day. He sounded friggin' awesome.
You stole what I was gonna say. That concert I believe was July 4th 1974 and is without question the best Ozzy ever sounded live.

If folks on this board haven't heard it I highly suggest you find that bootleg.
Live Life Stronger Than Death