More footage with Ozzy & Brad?

Talk about Brad Gillis here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

The Flying Dutchman

More footage with Ozzy & Brad?

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

We probably all seen the "speak of the Devil" Diary vid.
Is there more vid stuff with him and Ozzy?
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Personally, I'd like to see video of some of the stuff from the record... I love Brad's take on Sabbath.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

RockyRhoads wrote:Personally, I'd like to see video of some of the stuff from the record... I love Brad's take on Sabbath.
I agree it took a while but you can now get boots shows of the nights they recorded 'Speak Of The Devil' and they are amazing. That live album is one of my favorite Ozzy albums and when you consider it was done to get out of a contract and no real planning went into it, it shows how good the band really were. :D

Its a shame that Brad is not remebered as much as Jake is for his part in the Ozzy Osbourne band's history. :?
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
THE Gillis Girl

Post by THE Gillis Girl »

I am actually in the process now of trying to find out if any more of this footage exists...either audio or video...I will keep you all posted!!!

Stephanie
<3 <3 <3
THE Gillis Girl
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

All we have from Brads are 2 live broadcast radio shows and 1 broadcast TV live show. I believe that out in the collections of people who collected Ozzy stuff in 1982 somebody must have recorded some videos of him and Ozzy playing together, the press that they were getting in 1982 was huge so somebody must have done more video work.
Brad was with Ozzy from 13 April 1982/20th Dec 1982 and only a few of those shows have surfaced as boots, I have found 3 new shows that were unknown or forgotten in the past 12 months I am certain more are out there and perhaps Brad might be willing to share more with us when he see's just how dedicated we are to his 1982 work. :)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

Trigger wrote:and 1 broadcast TV live show.
Is that one different than the "speak of the devil" dvd?
If so I'm interested.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

HI FD

The Speak Of The Devil show is the only one.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

Trigger wrote:[
Its a shame that Brad is not remebered as much as Jake is for his part in the Ozzy Osbourne band's history. :?
probably has to do with the fact there's no
real record of with Brad. Just a live-album with
other peoples songs.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

I remember reading an interview with Ozzy where he mentioned that he had asked Brad to write and record an album with him.. Had he done so Bark at the Moon would have been a very different album, it’s a great shame we didn't get to see Brad in action writing his own guitar lines for Ozzy. :(
I think the departure from Ozzy must have been very amicable between Brad and Ozzy because the next Ozzy band shows were less than a month later. And Jake was rehearsed and ready so the audition process must have been very smooth if not already done when Brad was still a member of the band. :)
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Brad always said it was a sidebar to his career, he was just waiting for NightRanger to take off... Ozzy knew that from the beginning.
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

Trigger wrote:I remember reading an interview with Ozzy where he mentioned that he had asked Brad to write and record an album with him.. Had he done so Bark at the Moon would have been a very different album, it’s a great shame we didn't get to see Brad in action writing his own guitar lines for Ozzy. :(
I think the departure from Ozzy must have been very amicable between Brad and Ozzy because the next Ozzy band shows were less than a month later. And Jake was rehearsed and ready so the audition process must have been very smooth if not already done when Brad was still a member of the band. :)
I was told that both he and Jake were asked to join again 1990's
Randy rocked
gtmo

Post by gtmo »

Brad has an excellent style on the Black Sabbath songs for Speak of the Devil album.
http://gtmometal.blogspot.com/
wyldeman

Post by wyldeman »

anyone got Some Brad Gillis boots or vids for download?
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

wyldeman wrote:anyone got Some Brad Gillis boots or vids for download?
We will be adding a few Brad shows in the coming weeks :D
strat2tele1

Post by strat2tele1 »

He did make the Sabbath tunes interesting with his vibrato...