Did any of you see Brad live with Ozzy?

Talk about Brad Gillis here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Great photo's Shaun, where are you digging up all these photo's from, I've never seen these, is there any more from the Wembley show.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Fozzy mate all the pics that i posted up in the different threads.They all came out of this cool book which should be in your collection i've got a spare copy if your interested
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Hi Fozzy mate all the pics that i posted up in the different threads.They all came out of this cool book which should be in your collection i've got a spare copy if your interested
Great Randy pics in there as well!
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

The Flying Dutchman wrote:Image
Great Randy pics in there as well![/quote]
Yeah Pat i've posted them up aswell they are at the Rare Hammersmith Odeon pics thread..
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:These are a few more pics from the Wembley Arena gig 14 December 1982 i think these are George Chin photos..
Judging by these photo's alone Wembley looks like it must have been one hell of a show. Ozzy seems to have brought things to wembley that were not used in much of the US shows since early January 82.

I know that most of the British shows were played on naked stages so the Hand, arches and techno must have been amazing for a British audience.
This set was Ozzy's best ever and I wonder what happened to it? I know that David Bowie used the light rig in 1983 on his tour to promote the 'Lets Dance' album.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
bigduke6
Madman

Post by bigduke6 »

no
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Here's a photo of Ozzy from the Leeds Queens Hall gig with Brad. During the main part of the set Ozzy had his usual red chain mail outfit on, but for the encore he came on in this Ozzy T-Shirt. Chants of "Who ate all the pies you " remain unconfirmed.
Attachments
Ozzy, Leeds Queens Hall. December 1982.jpg
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Ian, did you ever find the bootleg of 8/8/82?
The one played here in New Orleans?
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Sarab wrote:Ian, did you ever find the bootleg of 8/8/82?
yep! I have it tucked away 8)
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Sarab
Mass Poster

Post by Sarab »

Trigger wrote:
Sarab wrote:Ian, did you ever find the bootleg of 8/8/82?
yep! I have it tucked away 8)
AND?????????
Better people....
Better food...
And better beer.
El Cochino

Post by El Cochino »

I'm a little late to this thread but my VERY FIRST concert was the infamous SOTD (DVD) show at Irvine Meadows. Because I've watched the DVD/Video/MTV special so many times that I have more memories of that and not the actual show (I attended)... I do remember that a band called "Axe" opened that night. I was 13 years old at the time and I went with a friend of mine who was 16 (and had a car). I was totally blown away by Brad's solo... the other thing I remember was the dwarf hanging himself during "Goodbye To Romance" I thought that was cool. I had the ticket stub and would show it to my friends at school... especially after MTV aired the concert. I lost the stub when I was 16... it was in my wallet and the damn thing disappeared.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/BruinJer/HeavenHell.jpg[/img]
whoopiecat
Mass Poster

Post by whoopiecat »

Last edited by whoopiecat on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whenever I put on Blizzard or Diary, what a wonderful, delicate furious beast.... I MISS you, man!
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

El Cochino wrote:I'm a little late to this thread but my VERY FIRST concert was the infamous SOTD (DVD) show at Irvine Meadows. Because I've watched the DVD/Video/MTV special so many times that I have more memories of that and not the actual show (I attended)... I do remember that a band called "Axe" opened that night. I was 13 years old at the time and I went with a friend of mine who was 16 (and had a car). I was totally blown away by Brad's solo... the other thing I remember was the dwarf hanging himself during "Goodbye To Romance" I thought that was cool. I had the ticket stub and would show it to my friends at school... especially after MTV aired the concert. I lost the stub when I was 16... it was in my wallet and the damn thing disappeared.
that must have been a killer show to be at, its one of my favorite live shows ever. I think Brad was amazing during that show and his entire stay.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Fozzy41 wrote:Great photo's Shaun, where are you digging up all these photo's from, I've never seen these, is there any more from the Wembley show.
i found this in an old mag Cool pic taking by Robert Ellis
wareagle
Mass Poster

Post by wareagle »

anyone else agree gillis's tone is just horrendous? i cant stand it. sorry lol. hes a good guitarist but i think his tone sucks.