Did any of you see Brad live with Ozzy?

Talk about Brad Gillis here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Yeah Trigger i noticed that his Strat is very distressed but is this natural wear and tear or has he distressed the guitar himself.You see guitars that look cool when someone has run a grinder over them :? to show the wood coming through Zakk Wyldes got a couple like that .EVH Frankenstein guitar :evil: with the pick ups missing and wires hanging out etc.
But saying that the guitar is 24 plus years old,i don't know how long he'd had this guitar before joining Ozzy.?? it could be the age of the Strat.But i don't think Brad looks as good as you make out he's starting to show signs of age he my be a contender for the OFC :D
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Yeah Trigger i noticed that his Strat is very distressed but is this natural wear and tear or has he distressed the guitar himself.You see guitars that look cool when someone has run a grinder over them :? to show the wood coming through Zakk Wyldes got a couple like that .EVH Frankenstein guitar :evil: with the pick ups missing and wires hanging out etc.
But saying that the guitar is 24 plus years old,i don't know how long he'd had this guitar before joining Ozzy.?? it could be the age of the Strat.But i don't think Brad looks as good as you make out he's starting to show signs of age he my be a contender for the OFC :D
Brad might not look so great but at least I do :lol: :lol: :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
THE Gillis Girl

Post by THE Gillis Girl »

Hey GI...those photos are awesome!! Thanks so much for posting them!!! The wear and tear on that wonderful 1962 custom Fender Strat is just from years of use!!! He actually got that from a friend of his brother. It was in a box in pieces!! He put in together...I believe his brother made the wireless that went into it...and it had the Original Floyd Rose. He painted it with leftover paint from his car! lol And I have to add.....I actually think he looks better now than he did when he was younger!!! :wink: He is really a very nice guy...if you ever get a chance to meet and talk to him...you should do it!

<3 <3 <3,
THE Gillis Girl
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Gillis Gal,
Cheers for that info about the guitar,what a pose having a matching guitar to go with the car.Its nearly as bad as Sammy Hagar being obsessed about RED. :lol:Where do you get your Brad info from.?? I've been trying to find a set of photos done by a guy called Scott Weiner ive seen one of them.Ozzy is behind Brad with a "Strangle" hold on him,while Brad shreads his guitar.This was on stage at Philadelphia,26 April 1982.I seen this in the Total Guitar mag from April 2005.Have you seen this pic??.I managed to find a nice shot of Brad from George Chin at Wireimage.com but its like a thumbnail and no good for enlarging.Have you seen Brad in concert recently ??
Wolfie

Post by Wolfie »

I love all the Brad Gilis information he was always one of my favorite guitarist ever.
I hope this section prospers guys and gals. :lol:
workingman

Post by workingman »

Flying Dutchman wrote:Hey Workingman,

Great story! :D
Front row center, wow! Must be amazing! 8)

I have the Speak of the Devil DVD with Brad and for sure he did a fantastic job!

Oh, & welcome aboard!

(are you a Rush fan ? )
Yes, I am a HUGE Rush fan (since I was raised up on the Canadien border, I grew up listening to Canadien radio which played healthy doses of Canadien bands). :D

Thanks for the warm welcome (if not a bit late - it's been a BUSY summer for me).

I also have the Speak Of The Devil DVD - I bought it at a Tower records as an import from Brazil. It's one of the "gems" in my collection. :D
workingman

Post by workingman »

Trigger wrote:
workingman wrote:...And if ANYONE knows of a bootleg of this particular show (June 3, 1982), I would LOVE to get it somehow as a souvenir of that great show.

8)
Hi Workingman and welcome to the site

I have been told that a boot of that show was recorded but I have never found it. I am always on the look for new Brad/Ozzy shows if I locate a copyt I will be sure to let you know :D

T

If you like Brad we have a free Brad/Ozzy download on the free addio section, if you like it be sure to leave a message.
Thanks for the heads up on the free download. 8)
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

THE Gillis Girl wrote:...if you ever get a chance to meet and talk to him...you should do it!
Hi Gillis Gal, Does he ever reply to his emails i'm not getting much feedback from mine.??? :cry:
THE Gillis Girl

Post by THE Gillis Girl »

Hey Everyone! lol Ok....as for where I get my Brad info...most of the time I get it straight from Brad himself. I have seen him in concert MANY times and have had the pleasure of hanging with him after just about every show!!! He really is a nice guy...and funny too! I have some photos from recent shows...once my scanner is up and running again I will post some of the more recent photos here.

As for email....Brad has been a VERY BUSY boy these days! He recorded a new album with Vicous Rumors, has been recording a new Night Ranger album, and helping out new artists down at the Red House Studios in Cali! Just try to be patient with him...he does read ALL of his email...sometimes he just isn't that good about writing back too quickly.

<3 <3 <3,
THE Gillis Girl
Rhoads4ever

Post by Rhoads4ever »

1982 Wembley Arena if I remember rightly with Pete Way on Bass possibly or was that the Jake E band lol . Damn im getting old .

Either way I saw Ozzy twice more after Randys death once on Diary and then Bark tours . Never the same again , the Hammersmith 80 shows with Randy will always be remembered as a Highlight of my live gig attending
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

I'm sure that legendary Guitarist Brad Gillis (Night Ranger fame) was outstanding in OZZY band during his brief stay in 1982/during some of the live shows and I'm not as accustome to his presents in the Ozzy Osbourne band as well as I am with the other electric fame Guitarists talents of Jake E. Lee, Zakk Wylde & obviously Randy Rhoads in whom all three legendary Guitarists I'm most "familiar" with in Ozzy Osbourne band. Peace & much respects!
The legendary Randy Rhoads is an electric "Crazy Train" Guitarist/Musician to the max!
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

Hi everyone, I've just joined this forum so this is my first post. I saw Brad with Ozzy at Leeds Queens Hall on December 16th 1982. This venue was an old bus depot and to be honest was a bit of a shithole. It was amazing, even though Ozzy looked unrecognisable from what I was expecting with his short cropped hair and heavy eyeliner. As far as I am aware this was the last ever date that the Diary Castle backdrop was ever used. The other venues after this on that U.K.Tour were too small for the full stageshow if I recall. One of my favourite Ozzy concerts ever, and that includes seeing Ozzy with Randy two years earlier.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
Fozzy41
Madman

Post by Fozzy41 »

With reference to Guitaridol5682, I am a big collector of Ozzy live photo's. I am desperate for some good quality ones from that December 1982 Tour, and I was gutted at the time at how Ozzy looked but now I look back wth a lot of fondness and great memories. I've got afew photo's I took myself but they are not great copies. I'll try to post them here.
You can't kill Rock 'n Roll
randys roadie
Cool Member

Post by randys roadie »

Those shows from England back in 1982 are very cool I love to give them listen and the pictures on this site give them an extra something.
Randy rocked
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

These are a few more pics from the Wembley Arena gig 14 December 1982 i think these are George Chin photos..