My Randy and Ozzy model

Post your artwork here, and share others artwork.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

myhero

My Randy and Ozzy model

Post by myhero »

I painted and put together this model. Had it for a couple of years now : ) Have a great week.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk23 ... 3365-1.jpg

Last edited by myhero on Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Re: My Randy and Ozzy model

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Hi Charl Cee,
That's a nice effort on that model, is that the fairbanks resin kit. They are an expensive item to buy now. I like your little extra bits of details like the Devil & $haron rose tatoo. How do you paint all the little dots on the guitar do you have to make a stencil and use a small brush ?. Do you make models as a hobby ?. I think TAB - Tom he posted up a thread about these models, but i cannot find it.

I remember when the other model of Ozzy was released. He said fuck me i look like Conan on Steroids or was it speed or LSD. He does look a little pumped up. On close inspection the facial expresson looks somewhat desperate. Thanks for posting that up a nice one for the collection. :wink:
myhero

Post by myhero »

GUITARIDOL5682 wrote:Hi Charl Cee,
That's a nice effort on that model, is that the fairbanks resin kit. They are an expensive item to buy now. I like your little extra bits of details like the Devil & $haron rose tatoo. How do you paint all the little dots on the guitar do you have to make a stencil and use a small brush ?. Do you make models as a hobby ?. I think TAB - Tom he posted up a thread about these models, but i cannot find it.

:

Whats up GUITARIDOL5682, Yes this is the fairbanks resin kit. This model is not hollow but solid which makes it feel pretty heavy. I love it. Anyways, The Dragon and Sharon Rose is carved on the piece...I just followed the details as much as I can cause it was sort of faded. I went out to the arts and crafs store and bought all the colors that I needed for this kit. Looking at Ozzys tattoos from a pic helped me with the drawing and right colors. No stencil used on this...I just colored the guitar body black...then I used a very small paint brush size to get the dots. All of the dots pop out of the guitar anyways...so I would drop a dot of paint on it and spread it slowly around one dot after another. I used many types of little brushes for this... like the spikes on the guitar strap, the chain and cross, Ozzys belt, Shoe lace, and the spikes on the wrist band. Also, when I first got this kit...It had like some leftover things on the foot and arm area I had to cut off and sand down. It was a lot of work but fun...I enjoy stuff like that.
Hobby Yes, I did many models since I was 12. I also do comic book-like drawings. I guess thats where I get my steady hands from. Great that you dig it and thanks. Have a good one : )m
RR-ElectricAngel
Mass Poster

Post by RR-ElectricAngel »

Holy Crap That Is Good!! :twisted:
To be a teacher you must never stop learning yourself...