NEW Randy drawing...............

Post your artwork here, and share others artwork.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

NEW Randy drawing...............

Post by Trigger »

I said I was going to do a picture of Randy and here is the first. It was a bit of a practice so there might be some more soon.

Hope you enjoy it! :wink:

Last edited by Trigger on Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

looks great T :)
from the east

Post by from the east »

this is anice picture thankyou for showing it to me.
Tommy
Cool Member

Post by Tommy »

That's really nice dude! You're very skilled! Although, I have to say, take no offence, but he does look a bit drunk. :lol: But i still love the drawing! :D
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

:D :D :D AWESOME!! :D :D :D
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
Supernaut
Madman

Post by Supernaut »

Wow! How the hell do people draw like that?! :shock:
[img]http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/6482/randysig2text2ho.png[/img]
Wind is high, so am I, as the shore sinks in the distance
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

HOLY CRAP !!!! :shock: :D

That face, the hair and the rest is dead on!
Where did you learn drawing like that? :shock:
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

That's really awesome. What did you draw it with? I can't quite tell :oops:
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NEW Randy drawing...............

Post by Trigger »

Thanks for the kind words;
I am pleased you like the picture I am hoping to do more as we come up to the 25th anniversary in March 2007.
I have been drawing for a few years when I was at school in Art class I was discouraged from doing Black and White pictures! But I didn't listen to the advice. I think B&W is my specialty and as a result my grades were affected by my stubbornness but I think I made the right choice.
This subject was not very easy as the photos we have are few and most of them were taken from the audience. The Pro shot pictures are not that much better as the quality of the pictures was not as good as it is now. I looked at some great shots before I chose the one I used and a major problem for me was many of the great live shots have Randy with the lights shining on him which bleaches his face leaving little detail for a portrait.
I used 3 different grades of pencils, and black ink and white paint to give more sharp focus and help to remove any blur from the picture I used to create the portrait.
I had to alter some features of the original image they would have made the picture look contrived. I removed details like some shadows cast on his face and slightly altered light and shadow around his eyes. Which might explain why Tommy thought Randy looked a little drunk; I wasn’t offended by that I can see that it might look that way. I had to alter so much his eyes will seem a bit glazed!!!.
Thanks for your kind words as soon as I Have another Randy portrait I will make sure you see it first.
Last edited by Trigger on Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
Randy Rhoads Addict

Post by Randy Rhoads Addict »

Veryy nice
I love Randy Rhoads
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Damn!!! Trigger, that is awesome. Very very good. How long did it take you from start to finish? Again.......WOW! :shock:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Trigger »

Hi X

I am glad you like the picture, it took about 6/7 hours in total start to finish. Had the photo I used been better quality it could have taken three times longer but the finished picture would have had more detail. :D

T
Xanadu
Cool Member

Post by Xanadu »

Trigger...6 to 7 hours!!! Damn...it would have taken me 6 to 7 WEEKS and even then it would not have been 1/100th as good! Man, you do have talent! :wink:
".....the moment Randy Rhoads walked out on stage, you knew you were WITNESSING something IMPORTANT."
Geo Sav
Mass Poster

Post by Geo Sav »

Nice work bro.
pez100

Post by pez100 »

nice drawing :D