Why are posts and threads getting deleted so much?

Site info, Site suggestions, Site problems are all posted here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

orion_damage
Mass Poster

Why are posts and threads getting deleted so much?

Post by orion_damage »

I've noticed a few of my comments have been deleted and various threads getting deleted.
Nick
Cool Member

Re: Why are posts and threads getting deleted so much?

Post by Nick »

Funny because titos post about the black Jackson on Facebook got removed under an hour
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

sorry guys it wasnt the mods it was me..i saw 26 views and no replies so i figured it had been seen already..i had an oooops moment and deleted it..sorry about that..
Nick
Cool Member

Post by Nick »

Tito wrote:sorry guys it wasnt the mods it was me..i saw 26 views and no replies so i figured it had been seen already..i had an oooops moment and deleted it..sorry about that..

It's ok Tito

For a second it sounded like footage related to Randy's black Jackson

The weird thing was when I clicked on the port vale footage vid on Facebook it said it was unavailable... Now I don't know if that has to do with viewing it on an iPad or the video getting taken down
orion_damage
Mass Poster

Post by orion_damage »

I'm referring to stuff on this site. There was a thread deleted a few weeks back that I didn't really understand why it was deleted. But just the other day I was the most recent poster so when I saw that someone else had posted I hopped on to check it out. Come to find out the new thread is by a spam bot and my post, or thread it was a part of, was deleted. Coffee hasn't kicked in so I can't recall what exactly I posted.
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

Nick wrote: The weird thing was when I clicked on the port vale footage vid on Facebook it said it was unavailable... Now I don't know if that has to do with viewing it on an iPad or the video getting taken down
Nick was this the footage i posted up showing Ozzy with Motorhead backstage ?. I just watched it yesterday it's still up on youtube.
Tito
Mass Poster

Post by Tito »

na idol tthis was 8mm front view of it..kinda blurry in and out...and the audio used was a lesson from randy in 78
The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman »

orion_damage wrote:I've noticed a few of my comments have been deleted and various threads getting deleted.
As far as I know the only threads that are removed are those when people can't agree to disagree and things get personal and nasty. But that doesn't happen very often. Sometimes people react in a topic started by a spam machine, in that case the whole topic including the replies are trashed.
Also be aware that sometimes topics are moved to another section. For instance this very topic was started in the 'general' section and moved by me to the 'Info, Feedback, Suggestions and Help' section where it better fits.
Sometimes threads or posts are deleted by members themselves as well. But other than that things shouldn't just dissapear.
Feel free to pm me (or other mods) if you wonder what happened to a certain topic/post.
The winner of the rat race is still a rat.