SOPA & PIPA

Site info, Site suggestions, Site problems are all posted here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, Trigger, skezza

oth
Mass Poster
Posts: 579
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:51 am

Re: SOPA & PIPA

Post by oth »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
RhoadsRockPhotographer wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:Just look at the photogs selling Randy Rhoads photos,the prices are ridiculous, so people find ways to remove watermarks and pirate the pics. The photographers need to make a living you say? Well, take more pictures and sell them for a reasonable price, or get a real job.
Don't paint with such a broad brush.

We're not ALL Neil Zlozower and Ross Halfin.
No sir, you are not ALL outrageous, but the point remains, the outrageousness of the pricing has led to the piracy.
Well i sorta disagree here cuz when zloz or halfin sell you a 24x36, the high quality materials and film processing probably cost them 100-200$ alone.People would still rip off the pics if they were 5$ let alone 1200$.

And im not talking about them being compensated for their skill or years of 'tuition'.

However when it comes to movies and music,i think most people are just dl cuz they are bored and wanna kill time with a crap movie or check out a bands music.
How to tell a real RR signature: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=726&start=120
User avatar
Trigger
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 4737
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:23 pm
Location: U.S.E.

Re: SOPA & PIPA

Post by Trigger »

well I think I should speak and I can't add more than Joe has already said, the problem we will have is that these laws will effect what we do to promote the lifes work on one of the greatest and mainley unknown guitarist in modern history. We have had a constant struggle with those who hold RR's legacy to get new material and these laws (if passed) will further erode the Legacy that we hold dear.
What will happen is that the audio and video we have hunted for all these years will be pushed back underground.

i am sure you have all thought this and said it but as a chaser of audio for the past 30 years this will be a real slap in the face for me, and that will have been dealt by people who don't care about Randy Rhoads.
Cologne she'll wear silver and americard, She'll drive a beetle car and beat you down at cool Canasta. And when the clothes are strewn don't be afraid of the room touch the fullness of her breast feel the love of her caress she will be your living end.
User avatar
Sepheratta
Cool Member
Posts: 105
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:31 pm

Re: SOPA & PIPA

Post by Sepheratta »

Trigger wrote:well I think I should speak and I can't add more than Joe has already said, the problem we will have is that these laws will effect what we do to promote the lifes work on one of the greatest and mainley unknown guitarist in modern history. We have had a constant struggle with those who hold RR's legacy to get new material and these laws (if passed) will further erode the Legacy that we hold dear.
What will happen is that the audio and video we have hunted for all these years will be pushed back underground.

i am sure you have all thought this and said it but as a chaser of audio for the past 30 years this will be a real slap in the face for me, and that will have been dealt by people who don't care about Randy Rhoads.
This is very true. And the people who will get control over the 'net don't know 'bout Randy, really, and they don't know that they should care. How can a person care about something or someone, when they don't even know who that something or someone is? They don't.....they can't......and it can cause issues.......
Image
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster
Posts: 5257
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:19 am

Re: SOPA & PIPA

Post by Paul Wolfe »

Trigger wrote:What will happen is that the audio and video we have hunted for all these years will be pushed back underground.
That would not bother me at all... I kind of enjoyed the days when everything Randy was scarce and required honest effort to obtain. Those of us from that era had what we had because we were willing to do whatever we could to get new recordings/info/pics... the Internet made it too easy.

I know this isn't a popular notion, but I think that some control over what is on the 'net is a good thing. SOPA & PIPA are not the way to go, but something needs to be done to stem the flow of false information and pornography that is rampant these days.
rice_pudding
Mass Poster
Posts: 1734
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:49 pm
Location: UK

Re: SOPA & PIPA

Post by rice_pudding »

Paul Wolfe wrote: I know this isn't a popular notion, but I think that some control over what is on the 'net is a good thing. SOPA & PIPA are not the way to go, but something needs to be done to stem the flow of false information and pornography that is rampant these days.
Have to agree the internet grew up without any sense of responsibility or accountability. People seem to throw things like morality out the window as a result. Once things become digital the normal rules of life seem to vanish into an ether of childish desires. I've always felt humanity was not quite mature enough to handle the advent of the internet and onset of digital culture.

Sometimes I think it would be better if everyone had an ID hard wired into their online activity... sometimes...

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
User avatar
RRFan4Ever
Madman
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: SOPA & PIPA

Post by RRFan4Ever »

rice_pudding wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote: I know this isn't a popular notion, but I think that some control over what is on the 'net is a good thing. SOPA & PIPA are not the way to go, but something needs to be done to stem the flow of false information and pornography that is rampant these days.
Have to agree the internet grew up without any sense of responsibility or accountability. People seem to throw things like morality out the window as a result. Once things become digital the normal rules of life seem to vanish into an ether of childish desires. I've always felt humanity was not quite mature enough to handle the advent of the internet and onset of digital culture.

Sometimes I think it would be better if everyone had an ID hard wired into their online activity... sometimes...
Rob
It's already there in tracking/bubbling, the powers that be already have this in place. All those ads that follow you everywhere you go are evidence of this. What they really do with it, who knows? http://dontbubble.us/ http://donttrack.us/
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
rice_pudding
Mass Poster
Posts: 1734
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:49 pm
Location: UK

Re: SOPA & PIPA

Post by rice_pudding »

RRFan4Ever wrote:
It's already there in tracking/bubbling, the powers that be already have this in place. All those ads that follow you everywhere you go are evidence of this. What they really do with it, who knows? http://dontbubble.us/ http://donttrack.us/
That's not really the same as accountability, I could download any film, song or software right now from a torrent and who's going to bust my balls. Or I could use my neighbours unsecured connection. If I wanted to start a fake account and troll this website how long would it take skezza to catch on that it was me? How would anyone know it was my balls that needed busting?

Rob
www.rstorey.co.uk
User avatar
RRFan4Ever
Madman
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: SOPA & PIPA

Post by RRFan4Ever »

rice_pudding wrote:
RRFan4Ever wrote:
It's already there in tracking/bubbling, the powers that be already have this in place. All those ads that follow you everywhere you go are evidence of this. What they really do with it, who knows? http://dontbubble.us/ http://donttrack.us/
That's not really the same as accountability, I could download any film, song or software right now from a torrent and who's going to bust my balls. Or I could use my neighbours unsecured connection. If I wanted to start a fake account and troll this website how long would it take skezza to catch on that it was me? How would anyone know it was my balls that needed busting?

Rob

That's not what I was commenting on, I mentioned those links about the psuedo-privacy/anononimity (sp?) that people believe exists online. No, there are not currently laws in place that you speak of, but when there is, they will most certainly know where to look.
If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliche that must have been left behind in the Sixties, that's his problem. Love and peace are eternal. John Lennon
happytosh
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 10:04 am

Re: SOPA & PIPA

Post by happytosh »

not sure what is going on. just wanted to say a was a cocktail waitress at Woodsound 'way back when....
User avatar
randy will never die
Mass Poster
Posts: 1033
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:11 am
Location: clinton,Iowa USA

Re: SOPA & PIPA

Post by randy will never die »

wangll wrote:That's not really the same as accountability, I could download any film, song or software right now from a torrent and who's going to bust my balls. Or I could use my neighbours unsecured connection. If I wanted to start a fake account and troll this website how long would it take skezza to catch on that it was me? How would anyone know it was my balls that needed busting?
D3 Gold
Buy Neverwinter Gold
Dofus Kamas

Looks like we got another troll :lol:
User avatar
Shockwave
Mass Poster
Posts: 953
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Re: SOPA & PIPA

Post by Shockwave »

Any updates on the SOPA & PIPA?
User avatar
Cryptic Night
Mass Poster
Posts: 618
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:39 am
Location: My House

Re: SOPA & PIPA

Post by Cryptic Night »

I can still remember when all this came out, I'm glad we were able to win this fight.
Like the lunar and solar lights, humanity's unaligned, undefined.
Gregoryred
Mass Poster
Posts: 2405
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:45 am
Location: Zambia
Contact:

Re: SOPA & PIPA

Post by Gregoryred »

Post Reply