Suggestions Please

Site info, Site suggestions, Site problems are all posted here.

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Smiling Stranger

Suggestions Please

Post by Smiling Stranger »

Hi Everyone,

I'm not actually a heavy metal fan, so I think I'd better explain my alien presence ;) A family friend is about to turn eighteen and he is nuts about Randy Rhoads-era Ozzy Osbourne material. I want to get the kid a really good bootleg DVD - full concert length, if possible - of a show from the early eighties. The reason I'm asking about unofficial video releases is because, as far as I can tell, the only mainstream DVD that features decent Randy Rhoads performances is the "Don't Blame Me" documentary. (I think that just has the odd snippet of Randy with Ozzy?) I'm happy to be corrected - as I say, I am no expert in this field!

Any particular titles I should look out for? All tips and relevant info will be gratefully received.

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to hearing from you all.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: Suggestions Please

Post by Paul Wolfe »

There is no full length Ozzy/Randy DVD. Sorry.

Here is a Quiet Riot DVD which is full length featuring Randy Rhoads - this DVD is GREAT, by the way.

After Hours is the only complete video of Ozzy/Randy, it's 4 songs and can be found with great quality.

The Ozzy Box has average quality video of Ozz/Rand if you want to go that route.
Smiling Stranger

Post by Smiling Stranger »

Hey Paul,

Thanks very much for all that. I take it the Ozzy Box is audio only?
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

No, the Ozzy box has a DVD about the 30th anniversary of the Blizzard of Ozz record and has a number of concert clips of Randy with Ozzy, they just aren't the greatest quality as they were filmed from the audience by a fan. Still, it's fun to see.

Here is an example of the Box video quality....
skezza
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by skezza »

Yeah, as happy as I was to see the footage, I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't any pro shot stuff. We know that the pro shot stuff does exist, we've seen bits of it elsewhere but just gutted it didn't make it to the boxset.