Greco Les Paul

Buying & Selling (Ebay or Not)

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

Ell
Mass Poster

Greco Les Paul

Post by Ell »

http://cgi.ebay.com/1982-Greco-LPC-Rand ... dZViewItem

Pretty cool, I am unable to buy it but someone else might be interested. I read some reviews and they sound like awesome guitars.
ViperZ

Post by ViperZ »

Personally, I would much rather go with a real Les Paul.
Stiltzkin

Post by Stiltzkin »

ViperZ wrote:Personally, I would much rather go with a real Les Paul.
Why ?
Ell
Mass Poster

Post by Ell »

Many of the reviews claimed the Greco Les Pauls are better than the NEW Gibson Les Pauls, but not the old ones. In the end it all comes down to personal taste I suppose.
ViperZ

Post by ViperZ »

I dunno, I love the older Les Pauls better than the Grecos but I've never played a Greco so I don't know if I'd like it better than the newer Les Pauls. I've played a vintage Les Paul and I can't imagine anyone else making a better Les Paul than that one. I own a new Les Paul Custom and there are a couple things that bug me about it but I love it. It isn't nearly as good as the vintage. Where could I test out a Greco? I never see them anywhere.
therebel67

Post by therebel67 »

OLD GIBSONS Increase in value quicker and hold their price. But this is a better guitar than any Gibson Les Paul STUDIO P.O.S.!!!
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

therebel67 wrote:OLD GIBSONS Increase in value quicker and hold their price. But this is a better guitar than any Gibson Les Paul STUDIO P.O.S.!!!
Quite the attitude about Studios... I have a Studio and it is an excellent instrument.

In my opinion, anyone who buys a guitar and is in anyway concerned about resale value is an idiot. Guitars were built to be played, not collected.

As for "piece of shit" guitars, Eddie sure managed to revolutionize the industry with a $200 piece of shit.
BIG_P
Cool Member

Post by BIG_P »

RockyRhoads wrote:
therebel67 wrote:OLD GIBSONS Increase in value quicker and hold their price. But this is a better guitar than any Gibson Les Paul STUDIO P.O.S.!!!
Quite the attitude about Studios... I have a Studio and it is an excellent instrument.

In my opinion, anyone who buys a guitar and is in anyway concerned about resale value is an idiot. Guitars were built to be played, not collected.

As for "piece of shit" guitars, Eddie sure managed to revolutionize the industry with a $200 piece of shit.
Very nicely said Rock. There's nothing wrong with collecting but, I've always looked at LP's like Harley Davidsons.....THEY'RE MEANT TO BE RODE!!!! They both increase in value the older they are, they both had shitty times in the 80's and have made the comeback. No Harley oewner I know just let's it sit and COLLECT.
And as far as Greco or Gibson. Sure Gibson are a better brand but, it's all on preference, feel and taste. I have a 1978 HONDO II LP that I play ALL the time. So much that I rarely play my Jackson anymore and I'm selling my Epiphone LP because, I never play it anymore. THE HONDO SCREAMS!!!
[img]http://img500.imageshack.us/img500/3465/banner2xt.jpg[/img]
[b][color=red]The saying, "words can not describe" are so true when it comes to Randy Rhoads.[/color][/b]
steinberg

Post by steinberg »

Well, if I could save money on buying a Greco, I would.
The LP is an amazing guitar, don't get me wrong, but overprized!