FOR SALE: 1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom Triple Pickup Black

Buying & Selling (Ebay or Not)

Moderators: Randy Perry, The Flying Dutchman, Stiltzkin, skezza, Trigger

3/2/1982

FOR SALE: 1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom Triple Pickup Black

Post by 3/2/1982 »

I have owned this guitar for over 30 years. I found it in a pawn shop in 1980 and it has been in my possession since. A 1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom Triple Pickup Black Beauty. It happens to be one produced in the batch that Gibson made with brass nuts. In the metal '80's I installed a rare bolt on version Washburn tremolo made for the Les Paul. No holes drilled in this vintage guitar. Rarely used, mostly in storage for all these years. Minimal wear, collector condition. The sound through a marshall stack is indescribable - from thick vintage Les Paul to piercing highs and soaring wails. This thing absolutely rocks. Original case. Time has now come to let my axe go. $2500.00 Firm. Thanks.

I saw Randy play less than two weeks from his passing. Me and my girlfriend were at the D.O.A.M. concert and there was Randy playing his black triple pickup Les Paul like the one I had. It was so cool - Randy glancing up at us and playing toward us - he made it so personal. I feel fortunate to have seen him play and to have felt his spirit first hand through his playing. (I've missplaced the ticket stub but I might can find it).

(Ace Frehley used the same Washburn tremolo on his black triple pickup).
Attachments
lp5.jpg
lp2.jpg
lp1.jpg
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Re: FOR SALE: 1976 Gibson Les Paul Custom Triple Pickup Bla

Post by Paul Wolfe »

3/2/1982 wrote:I saw Randy play less than two weeks from his passing. Me and my girlfriend were at the D.O.A.M. concert and there was Randy playing his black triple pickup Les Paul like the one I had. It was so cool - Randy glancing up at us and playing toward us - he made it so personal. I feel fortunate to have seen him play and to have felt his spirit first hand through his playing. (I've missplaced the ticket stub but I might can find it).

Very interesting. This is the first I've heard of Randy playing his Black Beauty live.
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
3/2/1982 wrote:I saw Randy play less than two weeks from his passing. Me and my girlfriend were at the D.O.A.M. concert and there was Randy playing his black triple pickup Les Paul like the one I had. It was so cool - Randy glancing up at us and playing toward us - he made it so personal. I feel fortunate to have seen him play and to have felt his spirit first hand through his playing. (I've missplaced the ticket stub but I might can find it).

Very interesting. This is the first I've heard of Randy playing his Black Beauty live.

Me too... There would be pics that's for sure.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

sik_kreations wrote:Me too... There would be pics that's for sure.
Not necessarily. If he used it on last few shows or if it was used as a spare when strings broke on the white one, then it's very possible no pictures would exist. There are very few pics of the black Jackson being played live...
sik_kreations
Cool Member

Post by sik_kreations »

Paul Wolfe wrote:
Not necessarily. If he used it on last few shows or if it was used as a spare when strings broke on the white one, then it's very possible no pictures would exist. There are very few pics of the black Jackson being played live...
Only cuz he used it for flying high again.
Paul Wolfe
Mass Poster

Post by Paul Wolfe »

sik_kreations wrote:
Paul Wolfe wrote:
Only cuz he used it for flying high again.

Not sure I follow you... are you saying there are pics of the black Jackson because it was used in Flying High Again?
GUITARIDOL5682
Mass Poster

Post by GUITARIDOL5682 »

That could be a possibility that Randy used the black beauty in concert. It is still owned by the family and was photographed for the RR Klein, Rosen book. So if he still had it in his arsenal of guitars when he died he may of used it live. The Gibson 12 string was another guitar that was simply forgoting about until it was discussed and the info proved that it was used for recording during the Blizzard album recordings. That guitar must of been sold at a later date along with his white gibson sg.